Wholesouled...

by sleepingbeauty 3 Replies latest watchtower bible

• sleepingbeauty
    sleepingbeauty

When I was a gormless Super Spiritual JW I did absolutely everything to the sanctification & glory of Jehovahs Name... I was a total perfectionist & I soo didnt want to bring any ill repute towards Jehovah or the congregation, that with absolutely everything I did, I gave it my 100%. I was a total boot licker doing everything just so in every area of my life...

Since waking up to the Truth about the Truth, I can no longer give my all to things. I just cant be bothered. Why can't I just give the same 100% I always did?

Does anyone else have this kind of problem? I know a lot from the world of JW's are perfectionists, so how does everyone else overcome this ... :0

• Knowsnothing
    Knowsnothing

Because you need to feel passionate about something. You lack motivation. Why wake up and go to work? Why anything? That's something you have to answer.

Perhaps music, friends, lovers, love itself, I don't know... once you find it give it your all.

Besides, why do you want to be a perfectionist? That's not necessarily a good quality....

• sleepingbeauty
    sleepingbeauty

Yer, I can see that my days as a perfectionist were completely brainless & did nothing but probably drive others insane... So thats where my problem is, I do little or as little as possible for a quiet life.. Lifes two extremes at opposite ends of the spectrum, finding the balance is whats difficult....

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

I'm a perfectionist at heart. But I've only quit being a JW recently so cant say how that's affected it yet...

I'm all or nothing, I dont like failure and bodging things but quite often end up doing so lol. I think it is a flaw if taken to extremes though as it will diminish your ability to do or try anything new. I know I dont like being crap at anything and if it doesnt come quickly then I tend to give up trying easily.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit