Proverbs 3: 5-6

by sleepingbeauty 8 Replies latest watchtower bible

• sleepingbeauty
    sleepingbeauty
    Trust in Jehovah With All Your Heart, and do not lean upon your own understanding, In all your ways take notice of Him & he will make Your Paths Straight... Prov 3:5/6

This scripture is the scripture that made me blindly accept everything .... Because it specified that I not lean upon my own understanding I did exactly that.. Is there any particular scripture that you took to heart that kept you blind?

• Knowsnothing
    Knowsnothing

Matthew 24:51 51 He will cut him to pieces and assign him a place with the hypocrites, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

I was always UBER scared of apostasy. Now I feel like Adam and Eve with the Forbidden Fruit. I have bitten it, I liked how it tastes, and there is no going back now.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

That scripture in Proverbs is a real cudgel for the Borg. I had some elders throw that one at me when they caught me thinking one time. It almost worked. It probably would have if they had left it at that, but as usual with Borg middle management they had to throw in more scriptures with even more unfounded support and interpretation and then I KNEW they were full of crap.

• WontLeave
    WontLeave

I always looked at that scripture in complete amazement, how they could read those words, but then act as though they say:

Trust in the literature with all your heart, and disregard everything your brain and senses tell you. In all your ways take notice of us and we will make sure you toe the company line. - Borg 3:5-6
  • talesin
    talesin

sb

I can't believe it --- that is the exact scrip I had written in the front leaf of the Bible I got for a baptism gift!

So young .... to have my whole life decided for me.

But it only took a few years, for me to see that it was all a lie.

tal

• The Quiet One
  • talesin
    talesin

* waves @ The Quiet One *

welcome

... thoughtful posts :)

• AGuest
    AGuest

I still love that one, dear SB (peace to you!). I just now know that "Jehovah" isn't the WTBTS as well as there's really is no "Jehovah". Which is how they "got" me:

"As for my name, JEHOVAH..."

Wow. The God of the Bible has a NAME? No one had ever shown me THAT before. I needed to know more and so, as they say, "Curiosity got (and almost killed!) the cat."

What verse kept me there? Not a one. Just didn't know where else to go.

And then it was revealed to me that there was no where... but only a whom.

Anway, that's my story...

Again, peace to you!

A slave of Christ,

SA

• sabastious
    sabastious
    This scripture is the scripture that made me blindly accept everything .... Because it specified that I not lean upon my own understanding I did exactly that.. Is there any particular scripture that you took to heart that kept you blind?

Like you "do not lean on your own understanding" was big for me and "all scripture is inspired an beneficial." They were like little pet hamsters running the wheel that powered my ignorance.

-Sab

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit