Counting time

by roxanesophia 6 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• roxanesophia
    roxanesophia

Forgive me if it's a stupid question, but it's on my brain now that I don't trust the motives of witnesses out to recruit a new fruit loop to the bowl...

Can they count their time driving "interested ones" to meetings?

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

I guess that depends on the person. I suppose if they talk Jehoober during the car ride...

• blondie
    blondie

Yes, they can especially if they have even a very short "scriptural" comment/discussion. From door to door and back again. Can count time talking to you in the KH as well. The public speaker can count his time if there is only one unbaptized person in the audience. They can count time if they e-mail you or talk to you on the phone.

• burnedout
    burnedout

I am counting time as I type this...

All kidding aside, yes that time can be counted. To confirm a point Blondie made: as a public speaker for 21 years I made sure to include my speaking assignments on my monthly report. It helped pad the numbers a little.

• Dune
    Dune

I sure as hell counted that time when i was still in the troof.

In fact, for the last 2 years in the religion I arbitrarily doubled my time including "special" auxillary pioneering months.

• roxanesophia
    roxanesophia

OH GOOD GOD. Is that why so many people stay so long after the meeting to talk to new ones.

Or are so desperate to accompany people on studies...

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

Can you count time for shepherding calls? I worked with one elder who was real big on counting time as long as an unbaptized person was present.

Once we visited a family with two unbaptized children. When we visited with the family the father said that they sent their children to bed so they could talk to us. The elder I was with actually made them wake the kids up, so we could talk to the whole family. He needed the time.

I worked with another elder who stated that you can never count time in shepherding calls. Little did he know, I counted time for everything.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit