Would this accomplish anything, if distributed to JWs?

by WontLeave 7 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• WontLeave
    WontLeave

http://tinyurl.com/3z8e9bf

I know it's kind of long, but I feel I compressed a lot of information into it. Any suggestions or constructive criticism?

• Essan
    Essan

I'm just getting a generic Google Docs page with that link. Not seeing what you wrote. Can you post the text here?

• Alfred
    Alfred

same here... can't find your doc...

• WontLeave
    WontLeave

Sorry... Had to change a setting. I'm trying to figure out how to change the default, now.

(edit) Okay, according to Google docs, there is no way to change the default. Each document must be made public, individually.

• WontLeave
    WontLeave

Okay... I noticed the Hebrew was not contained in the quotation marks in the pdf version, so I made some adjustments to fix that. It should look better now.

• Essan
    Essan

Good work. It might accomplish something with those interested in such things. Unfortunately, the vast majority of JW's aren't. It takes too much thinking, and the JW's have men in Brookly to do all their thinking for them, so they don't have to bother.

You must be wrong, as far as they're concerned, otherwise "the Brothers at Bethel" would already have changed it. But they haven't, so there mustn't be any need.

• Blind_Of_Lies
    Blind_Of_Lies

I will be honest with you, I did not read it. It’s too long. When writing something like this you need to form your message around a simple idea “your reader has the intellect and the focus of a 5 year old child” a common phrase for this is *Keep It Simple Stupid* basically meaning, keep your content simple because the person its meant for is probably stupid. We know that your average witness has been trained to discredit and ignore anything deemed “apostate” and the more wordy or preachy a document is… the more apostate it is. We wouldn’t want to give them an added excuse not to read your well researched document. Thanks for putting that together by the way, I plan on reading it when I get some time

I have found that the most effective way to shed light on the watchtower to staunch witnesses is to simply provide them with the information that the watchtower has printed and let them interpret it. For Example:

Most witnesses have no idea that Beth Sarim existed, they freak out when you tell them what its intended purpose was or what it ultimately was used for when the prediction failed.I told this to a person who had been born and raised in the church and at first she didnt believe me, so i showed her the pictures, showed her the few times the watchtower printed anything about it and by the time I was done she was visibly shaking and told me that "this really scares me". As well it should.

Providing them with these little “seeds of doubt” empowers them to actually do the research and form their own knowledge base of the religion. Remember most of these people have been taught and trained how to think and what to think when it comes to god and religion. They are so deeply engrained with this nonsense that they refer to it as “the truth”.

How much fun would it be to show them from “the truth’s” teachings the pure lies and fabrications that they have flung out over the years?

I plan on putting together a 1 page flyer that provides basic quotes from the watchtower, very much like what jwfiles put together. I am then going to travel to the nearest city where there is a summer convention and put those flyers on car windshields in hotel parking lots the weekend of the event. I know it won’t change anything, but if the TRUTH about those people can be distributed and as a result it saves 1 child from being molested, or 1 mother from bleeding out during childbirth or 1 family from being torn apart by a disfellowshipping… then I am happy

• ldrnomo
    ldrnomo

I don't think it will simply because they are in a CULT and there is no critical thinking going on.

Maybe 1 out of every 100 might give it some thought.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit