Life after bible study

by confusedstudent 3 Replies latest jw friends

• confusedstudent
    confusedstudent

I posted awhile back asking for advice on how to go about quitting my bible study and got a lot of excellent advice from people.

I just wanted to thank all of those people they really and truly helped me.

I am really enjoying my new job and finally making some friends on base. My marriage is doing IMMENSELY better. We are finally getting out and enjoying Japan and going to see the shrines I wouldn't see before (Satan) and travel more, I didn't have time before with all the meetings.

At my job I work at the phone company on base and when people sign up I encourage them to go unlisted. The base directory is available online and the JW's like to print it out and phone witness since they can't get on base. I met a guy who was concerned because his wife was doing a phone study and offered to talk to her about my experience with the Watchtower.

We are also thinking about having a baby since my husband isn't terrified to get me pregnant because of the blood issue.

In general my life is so much better since I stopped studying. For the first few weeks I was being harassed and developed stress rashes, very distraught but I am better. I still get emails from my bible study teacher. I just got one today that the UN has a section on their website called "Peace and Security"...it actually made me laugh. Then a part of me worried that maybe this is the end and I was wrong. But I am getting better with irrational, programmed thinking. I realize that the Watchtower society was wrong about SOO much, so they can't be the "true religion"- so all of it must be BS.

In general thank you all so much and I am glad I lurked this site for so long before getting the nerve to QUIT.

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

Congratulations for taking your life back! You are obviously enjoying it, best wishes.

• transhuman68
    transhuman68

Hi confusedstudent. Glad your life is getting better. Don't lose sleep over the peace & security story.

'Peace & security' has been found engraved on altars from the time of Caeser Augusta- almost 2,000 years ago.

Being a biblical phrase, it's a favorite for politicians to use- throughout history!

• Quandry
    Quandry

So happy to hear your news.

And wow...you live in Japan. So great that you are taking advantage of the opportunity to see all you can while you are there. My dad was stationed in Okinawa when he was in the Marines, but I didn't get to go as a child and always felt I lost out greatly. He brought back dolls, jackets with embroidered dragons, jewelry, etc. for me and my mother, but I always wished I could have gone.

It seems like the Japanese Witnesses were really gung-ho at first but we have a poster here-Possible-San, who lets us know that there is a group of ex-JWs there in Japan, so it seems that all over the world BS detectors are going off.

Also seems that you are the go-to person now for all who know someone studying with the JWs. The JWs are not gonna like you very soon! The e-mails may take a different tone....

Wishing you all the best.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit