Four Weddings - TLC,

by Married to the Mob 4 Replies latest jw friends

• Married to the Mob
    Married to the Mob

For those not in canada or the US, TLC is a tv channel that was responsible for toddlers and tiaras, jon and kate plus 8, so and so forth and cake boss!

One of the shows they have is Four weddings which happens to be one of the wifes favorites!

Anyway the premise is that 4 brides go to each others weddings and score them and the bride and groom from the best wedding get a holiday!

Well season 3 episode 7, one of the brides called celeste is a witness!

For the 2 weddings held in a church she stays in car and watches on video due to her beliefs!

For her own its held at a big hall and would be best described as lavish!

What was more interesting was the reaction of the other brides to the JW wedding service which was very erm netural and apart from a clip of them flicking to a chaper in the bible the only bit show was the pronouncing of them being man and wife.

I bet the conversation between the bride and groom and the elders must have been fun when they said the tv crews were going to be there!!

Ann and Marisol came in joint first and won a holiday each!

http://tlc.discovery.com/videos/four-weddings-sue-ann-marisol-and-celeste.html

• No Room For George
    No Room For George

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/social/entertainment/210030/1/Did-anyone-see-Four-Weddings-on-TLC-2011-05-06-JW-bride

One of the brides who's wedding was in a church, actually registered here to get a better understanding of what the JW's issue was with entering churches.

• Married to the Mob
    Married to the Mob

Cheers George. Should have done a search before writing the post.

Scully's assesment of her is pretty spot on. She did low ball all the others.

What was also interesting was the level of detail that the other brides went into on how they met and Celeste was very vague!

• No Room For George
    No Room For George

I know I shouldn't judge books by their covers, but I just did a quick view of the link you posted and saw Celeste and Luciano. For whatever reason to me, he looks like the typical cocky young JW. I have this incredible urge to break his neck, just something about dude that irritates me. Sigh...he might be a cool dude too, but something about his look brings out the devil in me.

• Married to the Mob
    Married to the Mob

greasey was the word I was going to use!

Where as the other grooms talk to the camera, he doesn't!

I wonder if he was comfortable doing this or went through the motions to keep his intended happy and thus ensure he got his oil changed!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit