Do JW's Support and Shield Pedophiles?

by silentlambs 8 Replies latest social relationships

• silentlambs
    silentlambs

I had a conversaton with a friend in the "know" today. It brings ever clearer the disfunction of Jehovah's Witnesses and how they treat child molesters. In my local congregation the individual who admitted molesting children seems to be held in high esteem. When he goes to the meetings he regularly comments and has parts on the meetings. He is asked to read for the book study and for parts on the service meeting. While his wife is not allowed to be informed of his little problem even though she has a grown daughter with a 11 year old granddaughter who visits her step grandpaw with no knowledge of his imperfection. He regularly attends the field ministry and is often put in car groups of sisters to "captain" the group in the door to door work.

The congregation has been told that a lot has been made of nothing and he needs to love and consideration of the brothers and sisters. It seems they forgot to mention he has molested multiple children multiple times. I guess the "cherry on the cake" came this last Sunday, I just found out the whole congregation met at his home to have a superbowl party. I just have to wonder how many Catholic, Mormon, Baptist, etc. child molesters get that kind of support from their local churches? You might try to argue the Society has no knowledge of what is going on, yet since I resigned they have moved three MTS Elders into the congregation. Do you really think they would act outside home office direction?

So while the congregation has been instructed to treat me as a disfellowshipped person along with my family, he enjoys the pedophile paradise created by Jehovah's Witnesses.

Do Jehovah's Witnesses support and shield pedophiles?

• Mindchild
    Mindchild

I don't know of any active JW or congregation that will come out and admit that they support and shield pedophiles. Indeed, they would be horrified and shocked to see it on the scale it really does occur but that doesn't change the facts of the matter. I think child sexual abuse does happen in the congregations, probably much moreso in the past than in the present but still there are sexual predators in congregations world wide who are taking advantage of this inexcusable oversight of WTS doctrine that allows it to happen.

I have personally seen two examples of such individuals in congregations who obtained elder status. One was a presiding overseer who loved to finger little children indecently while he held them and it got so bad that his own wife warned people in our congregation with kids to avoid bringing them around him.

The other example I knew of was a elder who got put into prison for sexually abusing children and he only got discovered by authorities as his own wife went against the elders and informed the authorities herself about what was going on.

Nobody wants to admit to having monsters in their midst and they look the other way wanting to see any explanation except for what they know is true. 99.9999% of J.W.'s are not sexual predators but in their blindness to protect their organization, they permit true evil to stay in their midst and ruin many lives.

So, yes they are guilty by blindly following their blind leaders.

Skipper

• DanielHaase
    DanielHaase

I would have joined the brothers and sisters at his house on Sunday... for a public lynching. F***ing bastard.

• joelbear
    joelbear

None of the multiple people he has molested or their parents are willing to prosecute him for his crimes in a court of law?

Have they been encouraged to do so by anyone?

Joel

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

It is such a wonderful feeling - isn't it. Here you are trying to protect innocent little children. That is all you want. You have done your bit to protect the health and welfare of a child. They should be on their knees thanking you.

But oh no - they are so blind thanks to their training that they will protect the monster.

Oh, and to think that they let that monster go knocking on an unsupsecting public's door. Hey what would you think if you found out a child molester actually came to your door or there was a pretty good potential one was loose on the streets!

One thing is for sure Bill - seeing Mr. Sicko had the "clan" over for football I am reminded of the following saying - "you live by the blitz/you die by blitz" - or in this JW case - you live by the 2 witness rule (and don't report unless you have too) and you die by the two witness rule. And soon, very soon this bunch of untrained bozos are about to get a really rude wake up call.

Tell me Bill, I forget - has anyone made one of those "off the record" phone calls to the cops over this little incident.

hawk

• Pathofthorns
    Pathofthorns

What was the extent of his admitting to molesting children? If you feel so strongly regarding this matter, why have you not approached the police? Why have the victims not approached the police?

I'm not trying to protect molesters, but there always is more to the story.

Path

• badwillie
    badwillie

Any word on when the Dateline piece will air?
    Randy used to keep a link to a page that would update us, I don't see it anymore.

• silentlambs
    silentlambs

I made a mistake and double posted this. Here is the answer posted on the other thread.

I did call the police and filed a report, the "superfine" elders threatoned the victims into silence by saying why not forgive and keep from bringing reproach on Jehovah's name. One victim was told by her JW parents she would be kicked out of her home (that they own) along with her five year old son if she in any way made the congregation look bad. She lives as a silentlamb as a result. She recently told her sister that she is "waiting on Jehovah" per the elders instructions. All they had to do was sign a police complaint and he would be in jail. But when elders and family band together against a molestation victim it is a hard stand to take. I am sad they have to be put into a position that is dictated by WT policy.

For the dateline update check out the front page of my website and click the link, it is updated weekly on Sunday night.

• Darkhorse
    Darkhorse

I am wondering why the JW peophile cases are receiving so little televised publicity; but the issues of the Catholic Priest pedophiles in Massachusette is aired several times daily on the local news and radiostations?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit