Blaming Jehovah and/or The Other Sheep For Mistakes

by Vanderhoven7 6 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Hi,

Does anyone have any WT documentation attributing error to Jehovah to keep His anointed humble etc. or WT material that holds the R&F responsible for getting it wrong?

Vander

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

Interesting question! Biblically, Jehovah held Moses and David responsible for mistakes, but WT always deflects the blame to the followers. Guess they are better than Moses and David. Very interesting point!

• blondie
    blondie

http://www.jwfacts.com/watchtower/1975.php

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/beliefs/170699/1/Need-scans-of-the-1975-apology-watchtower

1976 "It may be that some who have been serving God have planned their lives according to a mistaken view of just what was to happen on a certain date or in a certain year. They may have, for this reason, put off or neglected things that they otherwise would have cared for. But they have missed the point of the Bible's warnings concerning the end of this system of things, thinking that Bible chronology reveals the specific date.. it is not advisable for us to set our sights on a certain date, neglecting everyday things we would ordinarily care for as Christians, such as things that we and our families really need. We may be forgetting that, when the 'day' comes, it will not change the principle that Christians must at all times take care of all their responsibilities. If anyone has been disappointed through not following this line of thought, he should now concentrate on adjusting his viewpoint, seeing that it was not the word of God that failed or deceived him and brought disappointment, but that his own understanding was based on wrong premises." {WT Jul 15 1976 440-1}

http://www.freeminds.org/doctrine/chronology/1975-and-the-watchower-society-false-prophesy-and-revisionist-history.html

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

Sheesh, it sure would have been nice to have such counsel BEFORE they sold their homes, pulled their kids out of school, quit their jobs, didn't pay their insurance premiums, and spent their savings. Yeah, the FDS has an amazing ability to give the sheep exactly what they need when they need it. Food at the proper time and all that . . .

NC

• IsaacJ22
    IsaacJ22

Funny you should raise this particular point.

When the Society started printing articles stating that it was actually the fault of the mistreated for feeling mistreated, and that those who found fault with the organization's decisions were actually to blame for looking for faults, I began to realize that the sense of hubris I was getting might go beyond the elders at our local congregations.

It was an incredibly arrogant, prideful, and just plain stupid way to think. It rattled me because I couldn't cherry pick my way around it. Especially since the elders at our congregation put so much emphasis on them! Then more articles appeared, and the elders kept eating them up and regurgitating them during their own talks. All while thumping their chests and demanding their dose of double honor no less.

Finally, I began to question the original assumption that had kept me coming back for more when I was so miserable. The assumption that the WTS was the one true religion.

In a way, I guess it worked out. :-)

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Thanks for the info and sites. Our forum is currently being assailed by Witnesses and their propaganda and all the facts/ammo we can get is appreciated.

JW Beliefs Not Biblical

http://forums.delphiforums.com/kath/messages/?ctx=16&listMode=6

• james_woods
    james_woods
    If anyone has been disappointed through not following this line of thought, he should now concentrate on adjusting his viewpoint, seeing that it was not the word of God that failed or deceived him and brought disappointment, but that his own understanding was based on wrong premises." {WT Jul 15 1976 440-1}

The Watchtower has published many shameful and two-faced things, but this ranks right up there in at least the top three.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit