Har-mageddon, literal or symbolical?

by Kenneson 6 Replies latest jw friends

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

The New World Translation at Rev. 16:14 says that it is the kings of the entire inhabited earth who will be gathered together to the war of the great day of God the almighty. Gathering place is Har-Mageddon. If this is the mountain of Megiddo in Israel--then Har-Mageddon is not every place on earth nor are all its inhabitants involved. And will the war actually be fought at Megiddon (or just the gathering) and the actual battleground be Jerusalem?

• Fredhall
    Fredhall

Kenneson,

Just hang around and find out. It will be interesting.

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

Fred, it seems that Jws have been waiting longer than I. How old is the Watchtower Society? And still hanging around.

• Fredhall
    Fredhall

Kenneson,

Actually Christians been waiting for Armageddon for 2,000 years.

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

Fred: Not all Christians believe in a literal Armageddon. Not all Christians believe in a literal Thousand Year Reign. I'm not waiting for either.

• Adonai438
    Adonai438

Yes I think Armageddon will be literal-- The Bible is usually very clear when it is something symbolic and this is a detailed account given - not a symbolic looking passage. Armageddon, however, will not be something The whole world suffers through and whoever ends up still alive are the good guys. Study the second comming passages and Revelations for details ;) Have fun guys! <>< Angie

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

If God is opposed to war for Christians as Jws tell us, why is He not opposed to Armageddon?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit