Sending the Wrong Message

by Marvin Shilmer 6 Replies latest jw friends

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer

Sending the Wrong Message

Today I uploaded a new article to my blog addressing Watchtower and whether Witnesses are coerced to refuse blood transfusion.

Watchtower lawyers argue that Witnesses are coerced to refuse blood. But an internal letter sent to elders by Watchtower tells another story.

My article is titled Sending the Wrong Message and is available at: http://marvinshilmer.blogspot.com/2011/05/sending-wrong-message.html

Marvin Shilmer

http://marvinshilmer.blogspot.com

• dgp
    dgp

Marvin, just for the sake of clarity, your post here says that "...witnesses are coerced to refuse blood transfusions", but it is clear -as your blog has it- that you mean "...witnesses are NOT coerced to refuse blood transfusions".

Wow. I took particular notice of this section of the letter:

The HLC arrangement is only for baptized and unbaptized publishers and their children.

This is scary. Am I reading this correctly if I think that, according to this, if a man of 45 were to become "an unbaptized publisher", then the HLC would feel entitled to speak for, say, what the 17 year old son of that unbaptized publisher will do regarding a transfusion, even if that child were not even a publisher?

In my opinion, your conclusion is correct, and is proved correct on many grounds but the ones you listed are enough.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Watchtower lawyers argue that Witnesses are coerced to refuse blood.

Do you mean they argue that Witnesses are NOT coerced?

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer

Yes. It is a typo. I meant to write "not coerced".

Thanks for the correction. Unfortunately I am unable to edit the original post.

Marvin Shilmer

• RADHESYAM
    RADHESYAM

The blood issue - like any other issue amongst Dubs- all comes down to the Disfellowshipping practice.

They dont have to DIRECTLY coerce anyone on blood issue because every dub already knows that if you dont follow WTBTS to the letter

your ass is out the door and you will never speak to family and friends again

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer

RADHESYAM writes:

“The blood issue … all comes down to the Disfellowshipping practice.”

When it comes to coercion by Watchtower for Witnesses patients to refuse blood transfusion the consequence of shunning is, ultimately, the albatross betraying Watchtower’s statements to the contrary.

Watchtower staffers who write articles such as the one cited in my article make fools of themselves trying to make learned readers think that big bird in the room has no coercive effect.

Marvin Shilmer

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

so glad I got rid of my no blood card! They are sick and thank you for the info MS

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit