The Great NORM

by wobble 6 Replies latest jw friends

• wobble
    wobble

I was moved to go back in the archives and read some of the posts from the great "Norm" who used to post here up until about 4 years ago.

Norman Hovlund comes originally from Norway I believe, so he occasionally writes as he speaks English, but his writing is wonderful in his posts.

He also set up a Web Site: http://home.c2i.net/norman/index.htm which looks as though it hasn't been updated recently, but read his letters to the GB, hilarious, and he maintains they actually got to read them ! LOL

Go and look at some of his posts on here, marvellous.

• Mickey mouse
  • sizemik
    sizemik

Checked out his site . . . many of his artcles have gone. including his letters to the GB . . . but what's there is entertainingly factual.

Thanks for the pointer.

• clarity
    clarity

Wobble, thanks for putting this up, Norman Hovlund really is an inspiration!

Sizemik, The letters to the gb are still there and are amazing.

Just a bit of his writing concerning the "happifying good news" that all jw's preach!

>

"In later years Brooklyn has played down the more gory sides and realities about the gigantic blood bath their so-called "Good News" is about, and which they look forward to with such joy. Today they are selling this mother of all holocausts in a more subtle way. They focus on all the problems that faces mankind, and then hints about how their "Good News" have the solution to all these problems.

I will show you some recent examples of how this is done. Great care is taken not to dwell on HOW all these problems are going to be solved, but still the macabre "solution" is in reality the same for all of these problems:

Problem: Diseases.
    Solution: Kill 99,9% of mankind.
    Problem: Pollution.
    Solution: Kill 99.9% of Mankind.
    Problem: Violence.
    Problem: Unemployment.

It is indeed strange that this ingenious "solution" haven't occurred to our politicians. Imagine President Clinton smiling and radiating satisfaction telling theAmerican people on national television the Good News about how he has come up with a solution that will solve diseases, pollution, violence and unemployment, - simple, just kill 99,9% of the US population. Only the president and his family and staff is to survive. Isn't it wonderful news? What a loving and considerate president! Strange that only leaders like Hitler, Stalin and the more recent Pol Pot, and of course Jehovah's Witnesses has grasped the true potential in this "wonderful" possibility.

I have struggled to understand how anyone considering themselves thinking human beings can call something like this "Good News", and dedicate their lives to spread this madness. The best we can hope for is that they never really have thought about what they are doing.

Some times you can find the following ad in the Watchtower magazine. This ad
    show how subtle you can make something which in reality are grotesquely evil as something good, even desirable. As you can se the ad claim that you can "gain happiness" by learning about God and "his wonderful purpose for mankind" As we now know this "wonderful purpose" boils down to the fact that God intends to kill 99,9% of said mankind. How sick and perverted do you have to be to consider this a "wonderful purpose"? Is it possible to present something that would be the greatest mass slaughter in human history in a more distorted and dishonest way? Well, you have now gained more accurate knowledge about Jehovah's Witnesses "Good News" than they will ever tell you. Don't you feel happy?

c

• factfinder
    factfinder

wobble- thank you for posting the link. I wonder what Norm would think of the overlapping generation teaching? LOL!

• VM44
  • sizemik
    sizemik

Sizemik, The letters to the gb are still there and are amazing.

Thanks Clarity . . . I didn't look very hard did I? . . . well I was a bit more thorough in looking over the site and thankfully so. Norms directness is beautifully tempered by his sense of humour. I read several of the letters (I'm saving some) and roared with laughter!

The following conclusion to letter No.2 (no doubt citing the Proclaimers book) ripped me up totally!

What does it take to get you guys to understand that your chronology is nothing but unfounded fantasies and nonsense. The emperor with his "new clothes" is really fully clothed compared with the kind of garments you guys are wearing. How are you going to keep the faithful in the perpetual state where they have a "sense of urgency"? You cannot keep on "crying wolf" all the time, because this will not be sufficient to keep your "cattle" on their toes. I'm afraid you will have to produce some kind of new time prophecy in order to keep your stranglehold on the "faithful". The future really is exiting. I do expect some real good entertainment from Brooklyn in the coming years. I do not however, envy you the awesome task of having to continue, over hundred years of failed prophecies and the tradition of lying and cheating, trying to cover up all the failures. Your latest "history book" was a dismal attempt.
    Regards, Norm.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit