Global Network of “Anointed” — Why Not?

by Marvin Shilmer 9 Replies latest jw friends

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer

Global Network of “Anointed” — Why Not?

I have uploaded a new article to my blog answering the question of why Watchtower’s Governing Body does not form and maintain a global network of “anointed ones”.

I think reader should find it interesting, in view of very detailed records Watchtower is known to keep.

My article is titled Global Network of “Anointed” — Why Not? and is available at: http://marvinshilmer.blogspot.com/2011/05/global-network-of-anointed-why-not.html

Marvin Shilmer

http://marvinshilmer.blogspot.com

• agonus
    agonus

Why would you want a global network of people among many of whom you've acknowledged are possibly mentally suspect?

• Satanus
    Satanus

If the whole idea of god planting some of his spirit substance in a few humans to disseminate his truths to humanity were true, a global network would make sense. They would all get whatever god wanted them to have or do directly from god. They wouldn't even need to contact eachother, as god and his spirit could be their network. 'Course, it's all a fairy story (not that there's anything wrong w fairy stories).

S

Ps, sorry, i didn't go to read your blog.

• dgp
    dgp

Not that I question your point, Marvin, but I am under the impression that this thing should be seen from a different perspective.

How many of the anointed "now living" are not white Americans? I am under the impression that they are not a global community. Which maes me wonder. How come Jehovah chose most of the anointed in the areas where Jehovah's witnesses started preaching long before they reached other areas?

Besides, I think it would make no sense, from the Watchtower's perspective, to bring people together and make them feel they are actually powerful. They might even believe it.

• Sam Whiskey
    Sam Whiskey

Exactly dgp! You're in the "special group" of anointed, but you have no power. I used to ponder this quite a bit myself, as my grandmother was one of the anointed. I wondered, if the "remnant" were of the same mind and spirit in their hope, why would they NOT want to congregate in one area to share their collective knowledge and resources.

Of course I now know the answer is, "Well,...uh...ya, so you're of the anointed too! Isn't that pleasant! However,.... you're not a signer on the account."

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

As always Marvin, good work. You've given everyone much to think about.

It is clear that the WTBTS speaks with a forked tongue when it says:

"We thus have no way of knowing the exact number of anointed ones on earth; nor do we need to know. The Governing Body does not keep a list of all partakers, for it does not keep a global network of anointed ones."

• RADHESYAM
    RADHESYAM

Hmm thats very interesting they say they do not keep track of partakers

because My dad's service at each and every meeting was to do the headcount and on memorial night he would also be instructed to note how many partakers there were.

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

The reason why they would never have a global network may be of course

that the GB have no regard for the 'annointed' nor intend to actualy consult them either...

oz

• St George of England
    St George of England

They keep a record of HOW MANY partakers each year but do not keep a record of WHO THEY ARE.

Someone once told me that the GB reckon there are only about 2000 genuine anointed left on earth, the rest are imposters.

George

• TotallyADD
    TotallyADD

By having central control in the U.S. nobody else has any power. Look at some of the problems that have come up in the past with branch offices asking question about certain things. If they had a global network of anointed soon you would have First Congregation of JW, Second Congregation of JW, We Are Right Congregation of JW and so forth. It's all about power although they will call it "unity" the simple fact is they want all control. Totally ADD

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit