CNN: Bible grossly mistranslated and the Chronicle Project

by truthseeker 3 Replies latest jw friends

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

Anyone have opinions on these articles?

http://ireport.cnn.com/docs/DOC-611844

Report —

A research group in Canada, has proven that the Old Testament has been massively mistranslated.

This follows three years of research, which have uncovered the actual system for translating ancient Hebrew.

The group discovered that each letter is not a letter at all, but a full word, and what was believed to be a word, is actually a sentence like description, which supplies the definition of the word. With this discovery, each word can now be properly defined and the results are astounding.

This means a word can no longer be disputed and swayed by doctrinal pressures

If accurate, the findings will rewrite everything we presently believe about the scriptual beginnings of the Earth.

Research Head Christopher Tyreman states that what they have found, proves without a doubt, that the Bible has been grossly mistranslated and that their findings expose this fact with glaring simplicity. He further stated that he finds it interesting that a group of lay researchers were able to see and assemble what they call "Self Defining Hebrew or the SDH System" while experts seemed unaware of its existence.

The team also wished people to understand that this is not a bible code, but the system the original language was built on.

Its construct shows it to be a manufactured system of massive complexity, using only twenty two words, which when mixed, can supply a complete language.

Mr. Tyreman also added that the form of this language shows it could not have evolved from surrounding cultures as it is incapable of importing words from outside language. This alone points to an origination outside of the scope of the presently held theories of language development. These findings could have a major impact on how Science and religion look at our beginnings.

The research team has posted all of its work online @ www.thechronicleproject.org

http://www.thechronicleproject.org/

What We Have Discovered

The following work, is NOT a translation, but a restoration.
    It is the application of the newly discovered Self Defining Hebrew or SDH system which was built into the ancient Hebrew language by its creator(s).
    1. It is capable of defining a word from its revealed concept, because each letter in the Hebrew language has been found to be its own seperate word (see prime glyph set page in the research notes PDF) and so a complete description of an item has been found to be in what was once thought of as a single word.

2. Once that word has been properly divided and defined, that definition applies to every placement of it in a text. One word, one definition, unlike standard translations which can use up to 84 different words for a single Hebrew word, because the initial definition is in error.

3. Each word, can now be properly defined, even by a beginner with minimal help, thus speeding up the learning curve. Remember though, this site has only just begun and it is an ongoing work which will be posted as completed.

4. Due to the fact each word has a visible definition from its own description, doctrinal pressures can no longer sway the translation.

This discovery is not intended to create a new sect or division. It is intended only for the purpose of revealing the Hebrew texts as close to it's original form as we can.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

The title of this thread is incorrect. CNN does not say this. This is a "press release" that someone posted to iReport.

The group discovered that each letter is not a letter at all, but a full word, and what was believed to be a word, is actually a sentence like description, which supplies the definition of the word.

This alone tells me this is a crank site with little knowledge of Semitic languages and linguistics.

Here's the site's 'restoration' of the opening verses of Genesis: "To chronicle to begin to produce, the supreme ones, with the celestials and with the planet Earth. And the Planet Earth had existed for a long time, without attention and amid being to note. And darkness upon, to face the salt water ocean. And to draw in (from an outside source), the supreme ones, air upon (the) face of the that water. And so to declare the supreme ones, 'So to exist to illuminate' ". This makes little grammatical or semantic sense.

• Robdar
    Robdar

As a Jew, I found their interpretation of the Sh'ma to be very interesting. I rather liked it.

• JonathanH
    JonathanH

I admit I know little to nothing on this topic, but I find the claims to be unlikely to dubious. Let me get this straight, they are claiming that people had been translating series of symbols into words, but in reality each symbol was a word unto itself? And what they thought were full words were in fact full sentences? If that was the case then ancient hebrew was not mistranslated by scholars, it was made up entirely by scholars. I must not be understanding it right, because that notion seems completely insane.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit