Harold Camping / Jehovah Witness similarities

by hubert 8 Replies latest jw friends

• hubert
    hubert

I am starting a list of similarities between Harold Camping and Jehovah Witness doctrine, which, when finished, I can print out and keep near my door to use to anti-witness to J.W.'s, and also to have copies on hand to "place" on windshields of cars owned by j.w.'s that I see who are going door to door. (If they can do it, so can I).

So here's what I have so far. Please correct it if needed, and add to it if you can find anything else that might be similar that I and we can use. Feel free to print this out when finished, and use it any way you feel comfortable using it. Keep it short, so it won't get complicated for anyone to use and prove, although I didn't put in any proofs just yet. If you can find any quotes we can use for proof in the W.t mags, please add them in for me. Thanks. I'm not good at looking up that kind of stuff. Some of you are experts at this, so your help would be very appreciated.

Harold Camping / Jehovah Witness similarities

J.W.'s ------- 1 day equals one thousand years.

Camping---- 1 day equals one thousand years.

J.W.'s --------- End time predictions....1925....1941....1975.

Camping---- End time predictions...September 1994.......May 21, 2011......October 21, 2011.

J.W.'s ------- Christ's second coming.......1914, came "invisibly".

Camping ---- Rapture....May 21, 2011....Failed, changed to "invisible" judgement Day.

J.W.'s ------- Last true channel of God's Word.

Camping---- Last true channel of god's Word.

• jworld
    jworld

this is great! thanks for posting. I saw some of my distant JW friends on facebook ridiculing Camping and those that bought into the idea. I guess at one point I never saw the similarities either. just crazy

• moshe
    moshe

Thank You for doing this, Hubert- may your work bear fruit for you, soon.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Search 'The Finished Mystery' for 1918 to find some interesting similarities.

http://www.archive.org/details/TheFinishedMystery

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

You forgot one thing, they both made millions $$$ from selling literature propagated on fear mongering.

This is the freedom of religion folks take it or leave it.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

They are both false prophets. Both claim the end is coming--on a specific date. The Washtowel quit directly giving dates when too many of them busted--and they always gave times in terms of the month and year without a specific date. And both adjust the date when it busts.

Too bad October 22, 2011 is going to come just like May 22. True, we will probably be in the midst of hyperinflation, with a fake energy crisis and regulation-caused famines and shortages, and the Internet kill switch activated (and probably before October 21). But, none of that has anything to do with the Rapture--which will not come on October 21 any more than it did on May 21.

• RADHESYAM
    RADHESYAM

Both claim that because their predictions failed it only means WE ARE NOW CLOSER THAN EVER to the end

• hubert
    hubert

Thanks for the comments and suggestions. I will update this work sheet this weekend, with some references to the topics shown, and will add some of your suggestions.

Hubert

• hubert
    hubert

Okay, I put in all the references to Harold Camping's articles, and added a couple of subjects. What we need now are references for the Watchtower quotes. If anyone can help me here, I would appreciate it. I realize it's a long weekend, and I am prepared to wait. So, have a great weekend, and get back to me next week sometime. Thanks.

Hubert

Harold Camping/Jehovah Witness similarities

J.W.’s ---------- 1 day equals one thousand years…..Ref:

Camping -------- 1 day equals one thousand years….Ref: “Birds of the same feather” by Carl Bagh….May 23, 2011…..IB Times

J.W.’s ----------- End time predictions….1925….1941….1975.

Camping ------- End time predictions….Sep. 1994….May 21, 2011…October 21 st , 2011….. Ref: “Harold Camping’s Kingdom Hall” by Jason Wallace, Christ Orthodox Presbyterian Church, Salt Lake City, Utah. …May 23, 2011(?).

J.w’s-------- Christ’s second coming ….1914, came “invisibly”.

Camping --- Rapture….May 21, 2011….Failed, changed to “invisible judgement”. Ref: “Radio host says Rapture actually coming in October”. By Garance Burke, Associated Press, May 23, 2011.

J.w.’s ------ Last true channel of God’s Word.

Camping----Last true channel of God’s Word. Ref: “Harold Camping’s Kingdom Hall”.

J.W.’s ----- “selling their homes and spending their last days witnessing”.

Camping ---- “some giving away earthly belongings or draining their savings accounts.” Ref: “Apocalypes believers await end, skeptics carry on”. By Garance Burke, Associated Press. May 21, 2011.

J.W’s ----- Donations and assets….(?)

Camping----- “In 2009, the non profit “Family Radio” reported in IRS filings that it received $18.3 million in donations, and had assets of more than $104 million, including $34 million in stocks or other publicly traded securities.” Ref: Radio host says Rapture actually coming in October.” By Garance Burke, Associated Press, May 23, 2011.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit