Got Shunned By Doomsday Brigade Sitting in Front of the Grocery Store

by foolsparadise 7 Replies latest jw friends

• foolsparadise
    foolsparadise

Today I went to my local grocery store and there were three doomsday brigade JW cult members that have watched me grow up from a teenager. I walked right up to them and said hi...not once but three times. They looked right through me as if I was invisible. So I said "nice to see you show love like your ransomer Jesus did". I laughed at them and then continued in to the store to buy groceries. I spoke with the manager of the store about what they did and he said as long as people are 20 feet away from the store entrance they have the right to demonstrate free speech. So I said back to him that I wanted to make a table promoting cult awareness in front of the store and he said that I should. I am seriously considering it..

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

I noticed the Witnesses put up a table at our local Wal-mart last summer ,and i have been thinking of asking the manager about putting up a cult awareness table too ! Let me know if you go through with it ....

• RagingBull
    RagingBull

See...now I LOOOOOVE that idea.

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!

I hope that people see the interactions between JWs & exJWs. Their bad behavior is an excellent witness to would be interested ones!

• Pams girl
    Pams girl

You have the same right to be outside that store....go for it! Bet they wont last 5 minutes once you get there. Will you have some support?

• Morbidzbaby
    Morbidzbaby

Oh I'd LOVE to do something like that! I think it would say a lot if it were understated and not over-the-top or in-your-face...a simple table set up with pamphlets outlining the BITE model and a small list if groups that are considered to be cults and how to protect yourself from falling victim...

Maybe while we're at it, we can schedule a 3-person worldwide protest at grocery stores (tongue planted firmly in cheek)

• Terra Incognita
    Terra Incognita

Troubled mind:

"I noticed the Witnesses put up a table at our local Wal-mart last summer ,and i have been thinking of asking the manager about putting up a cult awareness table too ! Let me know if you go through with it ...."

Troubled one; all you have to do is to wait and see if the Witnesses are there. You don't really have to ask the Manager but it would be nice to inform him that you plan to be there and why. When you explain the 'why' part, you might actually get support from management.

I suggest emphasizing their totalitarian nature by using the worse example of disfellowshipping; that of the victims of sexual molestation.

• ziddina
    ziddina

Be sure to hi-lite their opposition to college educations, efforts at personal betterment [working overtime, ambitions to better oneself, etc...], and equality for women, too...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit