Britain is better than USA and Canada for Music

by eruption 9 Replies latest watchtower bible

• eruption
    eruption

The beatles, Led Zepplin, The Rolling stones, Pink floyd, The Who, The sex pistols,Cream, Duran duran, Queen, Radiohead, the smiths,Black sabbath, Deep purple, Oasis,Progidy

• undercover
    undercover

Dylan, The Doors, Allman Brothers, Grateful Dead, Eagles, Hendrix, Miles Davis, BB King, Willie Nelson, Elvis Presley (before the army stint), Johnny Cash, Ray Charles, The Beach Boys, Lynyrd Snynyrd (before the plane crash), Aerosmith (before MTV), Van Halen, The Ramones, Lou Reed/Velvet Underground, Talking Heads

• ProdigalSon
    ProdigalSon

I agree with you about the British rockers, they are by far the best, hands-down. Another group came along in 1989, although they didn't publish their first album until 1991, called Porcupine Tree. They kind of picked up where Floyd, Zep, Alan Parsons and King Crimson left off and are putting their own exclamation point on British progressive rock. They have become my favorite band ever.... and Steven Wilson is an absolute musical genius.

http://www.porcupinetree.com/

• botchtowersociety
    botchtowersociety

Dylan, The Doors, Allman Brothers, Grateful Dead, Eagles, Hendrix, Miles Davis, BB King, Willie Nelson, Elvis Presley (before the army stint), Johnny Cash, Ray Charles, The Beach Boys, Lynyrd Snynyrd (before the plane crash), Aerosmith (before MTV), Van Halen, The Ramones, Lou Reed/Velvet Underground, Talking Heads

Creedence Clearwater Revival, Boston, Kansas, Journey (Yes I do like them) , Fleetwood Mac (OK that's both), Tom Petty, Guns N Roses, Metallica, Jane's Addiction, Alice in Chains, Nirvana, Pearl Jam, Stone Temple Pilots, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Rage Against the Machine, Nine Inch Nails, Green Day, Dave Matthews.....

• undercover
    undercover

I love British rock/pop as much as anyone. Grew up on the Beatles and Stones. Clapton. The Who.

But that doesn't make Britain beter at music. Just different. Doesn't mean the US is better. Just different. And don't diss Canada. There are some great Canadian artists.... Neil Young, The Guess Who, Rush.

All music evolves from that which precedes it. Much of British rock evolved from Americal black blues just as much of American rock did. And from that evolved punk and metal. No one country has the corner on great music.

• undercover
    undercover
    Journey (Yes I do like them)

I'd list Journey but with the disclaimer: before Steve Perry

• undercover
    undercover

Actually combining the best of these countries gives you a great sound. Take CSN&Y... Crosby: American - Stills: American - Nash: British - Young: Canadian

Why can't we just accept that we all have great bands and musicians and just enjoy it instead of bitching about who's better?

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

You had me until you mentioned Oasis. I'm just glad you didn't mention The Spice Girls to prove your point.

• eruption
    eruption

valient defence, but you had NO CHANCE, and YOU KNOW IT, NOW BOW TO YOUR BRITTISH MASTERS !!!!!

• eruption
    eruption

Come on ,Down on ONE KNEE, Bow WE OWN YOU, NOW BOW !!!!!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit