Did you ever 'add' something to WT pictures?

by burnedout 1 Replies latest jw experiences

• burnedout
    burnedout

As a teenager, I had to make the tedious meetings a little more entertaining, I would often add my own touch to the silly photos or pictures in the WT articles or current study book. Examples of anachronistic items in Bible Times pictures easily added: cigarettes with a small wisp of smoke, a pistol, sunglasses, fishing rod, bloodshot eyes, cracks in structures, small aircraft outline with contrail... you get the idea. (with the right pen and a steady hand it did not look like obvious graffitti.

Sometimes the goofy gestures portrayed in the art was just begging for a touch-up. It was also fun to obtain another persons copy of the WT or book and make a subtle addition in the background and see if the person noticed.

Just wondering if anyone else tinkered with Holy Spirit inspired art.

Burned Out

• Dune
    Dune

I was naughty towards the end of my 'tenure' as a witness. I used to 'desecrate' the song books in the lost & found and return them at the end of the meetings . I'd draw eye patches, nooses, sunglasses, bullet wounds, you know...the usual stuff.

I regret never scanning this one, but my brother was the watchtower reader that day and there was a picture of an older man behind a woman and I added speech bubbles pretending he was having sex with her doggy style to my brother's watchtower. He noticed it before going on stage, but it would have been funny if he first noticed it while he was up there.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit