of the rarest, brightest gems . . .
    It is far beyond defining,
    it defies all explanation,
    And it still remains a secret
    like the mysteries of creation . . .
    A many splendoured miracle
    man cannot understand
    And another wondrous evidence
    of God's tender guiding hand. Helen Steiner Rice.

I am now among the so called apostates now that I DA'ed myself the other day. It wasn't an emotional decision. I did not do any wrong doing. I have a younger child who is turning 5 now, and had to consider getting her into a christian congregation and give her the best life possible. Many will be surprised but--- it was research and evidence in their own literature and publications that showed me this religion is not God's channel of communication. I have an adult daughter still in who is married to a JW. Bottom line GB...she will never feel anything but love for me regardles if she follows the "rules." You cannot take that away

• wobble
    wobble

Dear Camelot, thanks for posting, I have often wondered how my own mother really feels about me, she is a long time JW. nearly 70 years now, and I was born in 61 years ago, and I have left the cult.

That poem gives me hope that underneath her wary exterior she still feels as it describes.

Well done with the D.A you now have the freedom to raise your daughter in the best way possible, she is lucky to have a mother who has the courage and strength to put her first, not a religion.

I wish you all the best for a wonderful future !

• sizemik
    sizemik

Hi CAMELOT . . . congrats on taking back your god-given freedom.

It's a beautiful poem . . . and very true . . . I'm in my fifties and I still see it in my 84 year old mother.

I do wonder however, if the love of a Mother is always returned in the same measure. My observations tell me not. Perhaps this is why (as the poem reveals) a Mothers love is indeed unique. The world would be a poorer place without it.

• CAMELOT
    CAMELOT

WOBBLE & SIZEMIK: Those of us who suffer from "breaking free" I believe have lost enough. Let us be determined in finding joy each day. The GB has no clue who we all are, they are scheming each day to keep "mind control" over thier members and then go to bed without giving us a thought. I won't allow them to steal my daughter from me and take all the joy in my life. I have much to live for and Life is a Beautiful gift from God...Not them! I am in my forties but nonetheless, I am proud of you both.

Camelot ( a place of spiritual enlightenment)

• talesin
    talesin

CAMELOT

Welcome to the board!

The WTBTS has stolen my mother from me. She chose new daughters at the KH, years ago, and had no problem telling and showing me I had been replaced. So, now she is old and dying, and because I can't take any more of their [emotional] abuse, I don't get to see her or my father anymore.

It still breaks my heart, and it's the hardest thing in the world, to be sick, and know your mom doesn't care. Now, to know she is sick, and that I can't help her, hurts even more.

I wish your poem was true for all mothers, but it's not.

tal

• clarity
    clarity

Camelot ...

"The GB has no clue who we all are, they are scheming each day to keep "mind control" over thier members and then go to bed without giving us a thought. I won't allow them to steal my daughter from me and take all the joy in my life."

Classic .... sounds like you took the bull by the horns and disfellowshipped THEM!!

I so admire your strength! Love the poem.

We were literally tied to our mothers by a cord ........and that is not easily broken!

Enjoy that precious gift, your little daughter and all the best to you both.

clarity

• CAMELOT
    CAMELOT

talesin : What a shame...It's funny how the scriputres on Love in Corinthians only apply to those who are JW's I guess. I do hope you will be able to make peace with her before she does ever pass away. Best of wishes and thank you for the warm welcome. Hope you had a great day!

clarity : Awww thanks! I don't know how strong I really am..I have not even been announced yet, LOL. I really appreciate the support, it is a hard perdictament to be in. I am going to live the best way I know how. Same to you!!

• talesin
    talesin

(CAMELOT)

That is a beautiful thing you did for your child. It's so true that there is nothing like a mother's love! And you're right, your oldest daughter will never forget that you love her.

Sorry for the whine, and killing your thread,,, it's the first time it's struck me so hard.

Powerful poem, that.

And hey, we will be here for you.

tal

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit