Facebook's gonna cause me drama

by LotusFlower1 8 Replies latest jw friends

• LotusFlower1
    LotusFlower1

I know all about putting people in various categories so that they can't see certain things. For instance, my clients cannot see certain photos (like from my bff's bachelorette party...hahhaha). JW's cannot see my religious preference.

I have a category that most people are in, including my jw mother. I have access to her profile, and I logged in under her name today. From her profile, I could see that SHE can see that I recently posted a comment on an apostate fb page. WTF. I don't know how to hide that without making it so she can't see anything of mine. Does this make sense, and do you have any suggestions? Thanks in advance

• undercover
    undercover

Can't help on the current situation. My advice about FB...Never, ever post anything, anywhere on FB if you care about certain people seeing it.

The fact that you're able to access someone else's account should show you how easy it is to get by the so-called privacy protections.

It's a pain, I know, but if you have to hide certain aspects of your apostate or double life, FB is not the safe way to try to take part in both areas.

• LotusFlower1
    LotusFlower1

Im the one who helped my mom set up her account. thats how I know the password.

It *is* a pain that I have to hide aspects of the apostate life. Bummer. Thanks for trying to help though

• charlie brown jr.
    charlie brown jr.

Lotusflower.... Speaking your heart and true feelings shouldn't bring you drama....

If the apostate FB site is the one I'm thinking of....it's mostly silly fun.

I know there are a few...

but just say hey I'm having fun that's all

• EmptyInside
    EmptyInside

Hi LotusFlower1, For future reference, you can delete the link on your page. I do it all the time. It's still is posted on the page,but it doesn't show up on your profile page if you delete it,just click on remove post.

• Philadelphia Ponos
    Philadelphia Ponos

Facebook has set human civilization back about 238 years. I literally can't think of a bigger waste of time.

• nugget
    nugget

facebook is viral friends can see what you post on other peoples sites and friends of friends can often see material too. Set up a new account for all your non jw activity and use your other account for only the most bland interactions.

If you post it on FB it is not private or secret. The only other option is to unfriend your mother.

• LotusFlower1
    LotusFlower1

Thanks Nugget. That is exactly what I was asking. I suppose you're right.... what a hassle Its not even my mother that Im super worried about...its other JW's that are in the same category as she is.

EmptyInside, I did exactly what you suggested beforehand....but it didnt appear to work. When I logged out of my own profile and then re-logged into Mama's, it still showed my comments.

Charlie Brown, its the Paradise Recovered page....not really a "silly" page. lol...and my comment was serious, regarding how I was able to escape the cult. Not something I am ready for jw's to see.

philiPonos...ummm, no offense, but you kinda sound like a loser. lol. I dont spend tons of time on there, but prob more than I should.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

If you do not want to be DF'd, then the best course is to live your FREE life in strict secrecy.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit