Havin' a Time .... lmao!

by talesin 9 Replies latest jw friends

• talesin
    talesin

and from the Granite Planet !!! mr. donnie dunphy!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQS1Rwo5vp0

t

• FollowedMyHeart
    FollowedMyHeart

OMG, I guess this proves anyone can put anything on the internet! LOLl I think your words were, "stoopid funny". Well, you were half right!

• J. Hofer
    J. Hofer

house arrest...

still having a time.. lol

• talesin
    talesin

Newfoundland (or, as Newfies affectionately call it, the Granite Planet) has an amazing, special culture. Newfoundland was an independent crown colony until sometime in the 1950s, when it became part of Canada. It is akin to Appalachia in the US (btw, the appalachians extend up to here as well). The collapse of the fishing industry, as well as the seal hunt, has pretty well decimated the economy of that province, and the vid is more of a parody of what folks have to do nowadays to survive there!

It's not just a youtube video ... the intro is by Rick Mercer on the TV show "This Hour Has 22 Minutes", which is a satirical news program (predates but is very similar to the Jon Stewart show), and that program has become an icon of Canadian culture.

FMH --- I hear ya, and tx so much for watching! too funny,,, 'stoopid good' I get your drift,,, hehehe

J. Hofer --- lol, it is funny if you 'know' Newfies,,, they are the Texans of Canada (made fun of and put down as 'rednecks').

The only way Newfoundlanders have to deal with the low blow life has dealt them is humour, and they do it well.

I realized this vid wouldn't have a 'mass' appeal, but thought I'd give it a try.

'thanks for listening,,, this is Dr. Fraser Crane' :)

tal

• hoser
    hoser

I love newfies!

• talesin
    talesin

hoser --- I have seen your comments on other threads and thought, yay, another Cdn. We lurvs our Newfs,, they are an amazing culture ... I'm from Newfie Scotia myself, and have been to "the Rock" several times.

I think Donnie Dunphy is awesome!

Glad to hear from ya! and love yr screen name .... Strange Brew is an effin CLASSIC!

xo

tal

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

Tal: I don't know why, but I can never see your youtubes......

• umadevi
    umadevi

Hi, can someone explain what does lmao! means?

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

lmao = laugh my a$$ off

• talesin
    talesin

oh, shoot, palms,,,, that sucks! can you copy the url into your taskbar? this one is quite good, at least for Cdns.

t

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit