Atomic Bomb

by deceit 8 Replies latest jw friends

• deceit
    deceit

I often wonder wether there will be a day in my lifetime when I hear-

'It has been confirmed that a Nuclea Bomb has been droped on _________ by the ________ , total damage cannot be assesed nor numbers, but the city of _______ is no more......'

With the way America is acting lately, I have to wonder wether they are medling into other countries affairs too much, and now with this speach that Bush made NAMING countries, asking congress for the highest ever defence budget since the Cold War ect ect.

What is the hidden agenda in all of this? Is there something brewing?

There is a limit on how you can treat your own dog before he gets pissed and bites back.

I have a few ideas but wonder what you guys think...........

BTW, as to the above senario, I truly hope it never does happen *gulp*

• ElijahTheThird
    ElijahTheThird

,,, to eventually destroy religions.

Norval

• kpax
    kpax

Eventually earth will be an insignificant(always has bin)grey dot floating in space. Existence of mankind is futile. Just some weird evolved bunch of creatures making a mess out of their planet.

Oh well, just a thought.

Kpax

• Nicolas
    Nicolas

You're right. When you thing of it, what we do on earth has absolutely no goal and this is as stupid as what a dog do during the day.

Black holes are where God divided by zero.

• DanielHaase
    DanielHaase

Yeah, what does it matter anyway? Eventually the sun will implode and melt Earth. And by then, our species will be long gone, probably by "W" playing with our "defense shield".

• DakotaRed
    DakotaRed

Actually, nuclear threats don't worry me as much as they used too. Having grown up in the 50's when we practiced what to do in case of atomic attack all the time, and having served in the military for a bit, it is almsot second nature to have them around. If one is dropped, there is nothing I can do about it. I only hope if it ever does happen, I get vaporized immediately and won't have to endure the aftermath.

If God's Spirit is filling a Kingdom Hall, how is it that Satan can manuever the ones within that Kingdom Hall at the same time?

• Abaddon
    Abaddon

I don't think that the hidden agenda is the destruction of religion.

Why bother?

Religions are already doing very well at destroying themselves.

I find if very convenient that George W.'s biggest backers are now getting extra billions of tax-payers dollars due to the massive increase in the millitary budget. And that the kind of social issues Republican's don't like funding can be cash starved. And that anyone complaining about this can easilt be dismissed as unAmerican.

Very '50's. Very '80's. Very convenient.

But the only likely use of a nuclear bomb is as a terrorist act nowadays, although it might be an act of state terrorism.

Full-scale nuclear war is quite unlikely; I grew up in the '80's, and all the people I went to school with thought it was likely. Now, well, some poor city might get it in the neck, and there might be retaliation, but it will be limited.

Far more worrying is bio-weapons. That is far more likely to directly effect people than a bomb, as a single bomb would basically wipe out a few millions in moments, but a pandemic could wipe out ten or hundreds of millions.

Imagine a genetically engineered form of Ebola that can be transmitted by air? Nasty.

People living in glass paradigms shouldn't throw stones...

• SYN
    SYN

I agree, Abbaddon - not even the smartest of Majestic's snoops know exactly how many stolen nuclear weapons (suitcase-sized nukes among them) were smuggled across the Russian/Afghanistanian border during the 80's and 90's.

"I see no good reasons why the views given in this volume should shock the religious sensibilities of anyone." -- Charles Darwin, The Origin Of Species, 1869.

• You Know
    You Know

History is at a great turning point. Two mutually antagonistic political systems are lining up for a final winner-takes-all showdown. Those two systems are the empire and the republic. They have been at odds for several hundred years. Since WWII the forces of the republic, in the form of the sovereign nation state, have been in the ascendancy, but through neglect and subtle sabotage the oligarchic forces of empire, reflected in global institutions such as the IMF and giant multinationals, has weakened the republican powers to the point of collapse. A final struggle is inevitable in the very near term. As the system draws closer and closer to collapse the danger increases significantly that the imperial faction will use their surrogate mercenaries to set off a nuclear war---most likely in the Middle East or Between India and Pakistan.

By those two opposed forces, locked in mortal combat, Satan the Devil has at his disposal the means to provoke WWIII. Or, from another angle, because of God’s mastery of every situation, we could say that Jehovah has the means to force the issue of His own sovereignty. At any rate, the fact that the issue of who rules the world is coming to a head in the human sphere is really just a reflection of what is going on in the invisible realm. Satan’s knowledge that his time is short is the reason the world is facing such a critical situation.

This is why the rationale of the apostasy is so mind-numbingly stupid. Never has the world been in such a mess as at the present moment. The trivial mistakes and lack of vision on the part of the Jehovah’s Witnesses does not nullify God’s prophetic word. Jehovah’s word is what determines the future, not the Watchtower’s interpretation of his word. And, as Jehovah’s premier prophet, Christ said that the entire world would suddenly, instantaneously, be gripped by a fear that would literally make men faint and that a situation would arise from which there was no human solution. The stage is set for that very scenario to take place. What else but the ultimate terror weapon could fulfill the prophecy that calls for humans to become faint with fear? If you thought the World Trade Center and Pentagon attacks were a shocker just consider the terror that would be evoked by the ominous mushroom cloud! Just a few backpack nuclear weapons going off anywhere in the world, let alone major population centers, and you will see a terror and panic that will defy description. The first thing that will happen is that the financial system will simply vaporize. It will be there one day and gone the next. You will run down to the corner automatic teller machine and it will say: “SORRY, OUT OF BUSINEES.” It will be as though someone suddenly turned the lights out and the world is plunged into total darkness. Then it will get interesting.

However, Jehovah God is the Savior of mankind---the faithful ones at least. To the present moment the world has not needed God’s salvation. That can all change in the blind of an eye as easily as one pushes a button on a television remote control. That’s why it is not wise to mock the Creator and persecute his people. We can very easily be brought to our knees in a hurry.

You should now have a better idea of how Jehovah is going to settle the score with the apostate and the ridiculer of his word, and how this verse will be fulfilled: “I also, for my part, shall laugh at your own disaster, I shall mock when what you dread comes, when what you dread comes just like a storm, and your own disaster gets here just like a storm wind, when distress and hard times come upon you. At that time they will keep calling me, but I shall not answer…”

Think about it. / You Know

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit