Oprah Presents: Master Class???

by misocup 7 Replies latest social entertainment

• misocup
    misocup

Does anyone else see anything wrong with the title?

What does she mean? Master as in M.A.? or Master as in master and slave (not neccesarily relating to race)

It makes more sense that it's the latter.

Master class means there's a servant class, is there also an untouchable class? Is she really promoting a class system?

• talesin
    talesin

*sigh* no, it means a class taught by someone who is a master of their trade / profession

that being said, as far as I'm concerned, OWN is a big disappointment --- it may be the big O's largest flop since her movie "Beloved" (the book was a masterpiece, but just not translatable to film, which she herself later admitted)

tal

• Violia
    Violia

Thanks for the info. I went to Oprah and checked it out. This is a series of classes on how to change your life. The TV program will air one a week on
    Sundays 9/8 central. I saw one that really might help a lot of us. It is titled " you are not your past. You are not the things that have happened to you. You are the possibility of what can be."

So no, it does not appear the title has anything to do with a class system.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

OWN is such a disappointment. It does not stand it. We already had Lifetime. There is nothing funky or cutting edge going on. I noticed that most of it must be very cheap tp produce. Perhaps she started too soon.

I admire Oprah but also feel her virtue is overblown. She is not Christ. What we know of her is carefully edited and selected.

• talesin
    talesin

She's running some Canadian TLC shows -- you're right - cheap. I agree.

Her show helped me a lot in the 90s, awesome information about 'issues', and the book club got a lot of folks reading, but OMG, she actually spent 2 of her last 5 shows on literary fraud, James Frey. Give me a break! Haven't watched her much this past year or two,,, I just check the guide to see what it's about and usually take a pass. :( But hey, she is only human, and yer right it's TVland.

t

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

She is not Christ. What we know of her is carefully edited and selected.

I'm with you 100 per cent on that one Band, her ego is just a tad to full for my liking . . remember that bio of hers that got pulled from publication like 24 hours, before it was supposed to be released like ten years or so ago? Wonder where all those copies are?

• misocup
    misocup

talesin

sigh* no, it means a class taught by someone who is a master of their trade / profession

HA! "sigh*"

thanks for stooping down from your high horse to set this idiot straight

rolls eyes

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

Here you go misocup:

You're welcome.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit