Crisis of Conscience blogpost

by Lunatic Faith 2 Replies latest jw friends

• Lunatic Faith
    Lunatic Faith

Me and PYRAMID finally finished Crisis of Conscience. It took us awhile as we were reading it aloud together so we could stop and discuss interesting features along the way--kind of like what the WTS recommends we do with the Bible (ironic, we never did it with the bible). Anyway, I wrote a blog on the book and have been having an interesting discussion with an old JW friend of mine. He lives in New Mexico currently. His wife used to be a regular pioneer and his dad is an elder. I met him through his sister who I met at pioneer school. I would copy and paste it but it is kind of long. Here is a link:

http://lunaticfaith.wordpress.com/2011/05/17/crisis-of-conscience/

I found the info he presented interesting. It kind of took away my fear of judicial commmittees and the inevitable phone calls/visits that may be in my future...especially since I can't seem to keep my mouth shut.

• pirata
    pirata

I would be interested in hearing what the Mexican brother's comments were, if possible. I've never heard the situation from someone who lived through it.

• Lunatic Faith
    Lunatic Faith

All I have so far are the comments he made on the blog. This is the first time I have heard him talk about it. He kind of has the personality that could pull it off as he is very intelligent and eloquent. The average under-educated elder would have been stumped, especially when you consider most elders have never met a frontal assault from the sheep.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit