I have been doing several charity projects lately and weighed the differences between doing them and volunteering on jw projects.
1. jw projects - so many rules on what to wear, no creative personal input asked for, no real signs of true appreciation for giving efforts, general laziness of many volunteers, power & ego trips of overseers, no real recognition for sacrifices made.
2. worldly events - recognition, true feelings expressed openly by many, creative expressions encouraged, no power struggles on who is in charge, free giving and acceptance of any effort given for the cause.
3. the demonizing of the charity or project as worldly and worthless by the org / jw.
4. slander, backbiting and gossip spread if any jw does any worldly charity work.
5. My observation was that I felt refreshed, respected and yes - even loved more doing these projects a hundredfold more than over 40 years slaving on rbc, kh, bethel and other jw projects.
anyone else having exp or comments?