Its been awhile. Update on AWSNAP

by AwSnap 8 Replies latest jw friends

• AwSnap
    AwSnap

Hi everybody. Its been a LOnnnng time since I've been on here for any length of time. This is a good thing: I get bored reading stuff on

here. We've been living our lives as ex-EX-JWs. While both our immediate families are still very strong jw's, the controversial topics are never

brought up. Yes, we were invited by about 3 people to the Memorial....which was annoying because we have 2 big dogs who bark like

insane monsters whenever strangers come to the door. Thankfully, all of our friends and family call first before they come over. When one of the "brothers" came to our front door to give us the Memorial invite, I assumed it was my husband. But then my dogs almost jumped through the screen

door, which scared me to death. In one way, I would've been so fine if my dogs jumped through and attacked them because I HATE

unannounced visitors. But at the same time, that could've sucked big time. My biggest news is that we are expecting our first baby in less than

a month! I am so excited to give her unconditional love! I still have never painted an Easter Egg ( I don't really care too much for Easter,

but it seems like it could be fun for kids). I cant wait to bake cookies for her birthday parties at school! There is so much I am looking forward to.

I worry a little bit about her first birthday party...will I invite the jw family or not? I feel like I should, since I feel so strongly about it and since

they never hesitate to pester us with comments or invites (to the Memorial, for instance).

Does anyone have advice on having a newborn? Or integrating the new baby with our 2 dogs? I mainly wanted to come by here & tell

everybody "HI". And to the newbies, WELCOME! Life doesn't become perfect when you leave the organization. TRUST ME...I've got lots of daily

stress. But it feels wonderful to be free of the man-made rules and regulations of the jw religion. Read all you can. When you get scared

and want to go back because you feel lonely, please seek support from those on this board. You're not alone.

Ok, that's it I suppose. Thanks for letting me ramble!!!

• snowbird
    snowbird

It's been about 4 months.

Good to hear from you and that little girl you're carrying.

Blessings and peace to you.

Syl

• AwSnap
    AwSnap

It's only been four months? lol...seems like a lot longer, especially since I used to spend hours and hours on JWN.

Oh, and one other exciting thing: I was a waitress for 15 years (because Armageddon was just around the corner and higher education

was SUCH a waste ). But after I faded from the jw's, I went to school, started my own business, and just won Business of the Month in my

county for the month of May! That was a big deal to me, and it was in the newspaper with a big ol' picture of me! Giving my

acceptance speech for the plaque was totally nervewracking, but I did it. And I feel so proud of where I used to be and where I am now.

• AwSnap
    AwSnap

...sorry the spacing is a little weird. Not sure how to fix that...

• watersprout
    watersprout

WOW Awsnap! Thats fantastic news! Really pleased for you.

Peace to you and your family

• maninthemiddle
    maninthemiddle

Congratulations.

I have a 4YO and while at times he drives me crazy, he is still the best thing ever.

Until my wife is ready to tell her parents, they know nothing we do, and I have not invited my parents to any birthday party, not sure why just trying to keep the peace, because I am still testing the water, so to speak.

We have taken him to several birthday parties, including a couple of extendend family's. It did seem weird at first, having never done it myself in the past, but that was only for a moment.

We got the drop-in memorial invitation while cleaning the garage, I think they have been practicing sneaking up on people.

We don't have pets at our house, the in-laws have a small dog, and it is like she knows it is a baby and to be careful.

It is great to hear from you again. I enjoy seeing others move on.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

Congrats on all your successes. The best advice I ever heard about dogs and babies comes from the Dog Whisperer, Cesar Milan. Google his website and see if you can find the appropriate information.

• anniegirl76
    anniegirl76

Gently remind them when her birthday is around..." I can't believe my baby girl is going to be a year old next week!" if they ask, let them know what your plans are, if not, don't bother. Easter is a thrill for the kids, eggs and candy and looking for the eggs! You may not like it or care for it, but it's a load of fun for the munchkins and in turn becomes fun for you, knowing the joy you gave to your child. Your dogs will adjust, if you've had them awhile, they will understand. good luck and it's a struggle at first with kids and JW families, remember this is your baby, do things for her that you didn't get to do....it's wonerful!!!

anniegirl

• clarity
    clarity

Hi, nice to hear from you. You were here when I was such a newbie!

Not sure where your name came from, but I really noticed it. There was a kids show years ago ..."Our Gang" and seems to me they always said awsnap!

Congrats on the baby

clarity

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit