Data Protection Act 1998

by truthseeker1969 7 Replies latest forum announcements

• truthseeker1969
    truthseeker1969

Has anyone heard anything new on this or any violations by the society?

I am interested in hearing anything from anyone who has withdrawn consent and if it worked or if they had any trouble?

Thanks

• wobble
    wobble

BTTT

• Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast

I hear that S8s are going to be reintroduced, they were originally taken out of circulation because of fear of the act. My understanding is that they have a pathalogical fear of record keepin especially in the congregations. They no longer (officially) keep any record of JC hearings etc. at least at cong. level, in case they blow up in their faces.

• wobble
    wobble

Is not their passing on the information about the contents of a JC's deliberation to a third party, the WT,without consent, not an infringement of the Act ????

• truthseeker1969
    truthseeker1969

Wobble it is kind of hard to tell as they have crafty ways around doing things and are willing to use the spiritual warfare idea.

In this case the person was difellowshipped 17 years ago and wants to return (his right) but feels the society would violate his rights in providing the Elders in the United Stated with information in violation of his rights as a UK Citizen.

It is my understanding that the brothers would circumvent any legislation and provide the Elders in the US with his persoanl information.

Not sure how to help him with this or was safeguards there are since withdrawing consent is vague.

• HintOfLime
    HintOfLime

Ah, Jehovah's Witnesses...

They replaced Jesus as mediator with the Governing Body. They replaced "getting the sense" of the scriptures with short-lived "fashionable" interpretations of prophecy. And they replaced the "Holy Spirit" which "keeps God's congragation clean" with filing cabinets filled with everybody's dirty laundry.

Sounds like God's True Organization to me.

- Lime

• truthseeker1969
    truthseeker1969

Lol Lime, i am not sure about the filing cabinets etc but I just want to find out what I can for him.

He has to chose what is right for him and for his life but I understand that he has a right to privacy which should not be at the interpretation of people or organisations.

Wonder who makes all those filing cabinets? hey must be rich by now!

I could only advise him that trying to withdraw consent would be the best way.

thanks Lime

• HintOfLime
    HintOfLime
    Lol Lime, i am not sure about the filing cabinets etc but I just want to find out what I can for him.

Yeah.. and a little off-topic, but just to express my disgust.... if you look at how "God keeps his organization clean" what you really see is...

• Neighbors turning on and tattling on eachother...
    • Secret books outlining a faux "legal system"...
    • Judicial comittees...
    • Legal forms and procedures for disfellowshipping...
    • Forms, notes and letters regarding the private lives of individuals being passed around secretly...

One has to wonder, just where is there any room left for god's holy spirit to do anything anymore in the lives of JW's? Seems pretty obvious how "the organization" works these days - through the purely bureaucratic processes of men.

- Lime

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit