Pledge of Allegiance

by DJPoetech 6 Replies latest jw friends

• DJPoetech
    DJPoetech

I remember at one point in my witness history going to an assembly and listening to the speaker request that the audience repeat some sort of agreement to be good or something. I can't remember exactly what it was but I found it disturbing to hear everyone just mindlessly agree. Anyway I decided to rework the famous Allegiance in the key of Witness.

If you have your own rendition of such, please chime in!

I pledge alegiance to the corrp of the Watchtower bible and tract society, and to the faithful and discreet slave for which it stands, one people, under God, indivisible, with truth and paradise for the approved.

yay!

• yknot
    yknot

LOL! On pledge!!!

Your memory is of a resolution being passed.....

• Gayle
    Gayle

so good DJ,,their allegiance to the GB is of the unquestioning kind, and they are willing to give their life to the GB, as the GB are the only ones taking their life.

• steve2
    steve2

I remember parrotting agreement with resolutions read out in serious, apocalyptic tones by an important Watchtower representative during the Watchtower assemblies of my childhood. I have a lingering memopry of how brutal and condemnatory of the world and "false" religion the language was. Looking back, I am struck with how weird the whole undertaking seems to have been.

• the prisoner No 6
    the prisoner No 6

ONE NATION UNDER CANADA OVER MEXICO ( Robin Williams )

• ssn587
    ssn587

yeah those resolutions what a bunch of nonsense, I remember some of them from it seems long ago (memory deficit here) and being asked why I didn't speak up and agree, Just mentioned that i didn't have time to research it and thereby don't have an opinoin either way.

• chickpea
    chickpea

i will take thoughtful citizens over loyal ones ANY day....

same applies to the religious

i attended the naming ceremony of a jewish child whose father
    changed the wording from "being a loyal citizen" because
    he reasoned loyalty is not the domain of righteousness
    citing "loyal nazis" and no, dont make the leap that equates the
    JWs to nazis... but blind, thoughtless loyalty to any purpose is
    to be questioned ... and that is how thoughtful JWs end up here!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit