Discounts your cell phone provider doesnt want you know about.

by Iamallcool 6 Replies latest jw friends

• Iamallcool
  • CoonDawg
    CoonDawg

My wife gets almost 20% off of our monthly bill from Sprint because of her work discounts. Then, her company ponies up almost half the money for the monthlly bill because they want her to have all the communication tools of a smart phone for when she travels on business.

• WontLeave
    WontLeave

Anybody (at least in the US) who's still on a plan instead of a pay-as-you-go is a sucker. You get better coverage, more minutes/texts/data for about half the price going with a month-by-month, no-contract option. Plus, you don't have to worry about some crooked company tacking a recurring monthly charge on your bill or some fee from the cell phone company because you inadvertently went over, roamed, or anything else.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Won't leave, which month to month? I mean which companies offer what you are talking about? Right now I just keep a tracfone for emergencies and brief communication.

• WontLeave
    WontLeave

@FlyingHighNow

It depends on your area. Local companies offer national coverage, often contracted through whoever has the best coverage in a given area. This way, you're not stuck with the Swiss-cheese coverage of a single company. A quick online search should show you some local 3rd-party providers. Everybody I know on a monthly plan pays about $40 for unlimited minutes and text, with varying amounts of data. If you're not a big chatter, plans with limited minutes (1000 or so) and unlimited text are about $30. And that's it; no additional government/connection/FCC fees or taxes (other than sales tax, in some cases). If you want some help searching, let me know your area and I'll see what I can find.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Thank you for the information, Won't Leave. Sure. I can't do anything different until this summer, but knowledge is power. I am going to be cutting my budget in every way I can so I don't get into my savings to pay bills. I live in the Grand Rapids, MI.

• WontLeave
    WontLeave

@FlyingHighNow

Straight Talk or MetroPCS might be the way for you to go.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit