did you experience an undercurrent of demon attacks/demonic fasination and regular discusions on the subject

by exjw1978 9 Replies latest jw friends

• exjw1978
    exjw1978

whilst/current your time within the organisation did you experience an all too familiar story telling of demons/demonic attack/certian people having more problems then others ect. i remember it was certainly a topic well discussed during my time stories that ran like wildfire/special people within the congregation who could "touch" things and "know" if they were demonised, families having trouble ~ in particular one family within the congregation that was receiving the most trouble ~ i sense an undercurrent of demonology within after meeting discussions/ warned never to buy second hand goods ect. overall i always sensed a fasination with the subject amongst us ???? please advise ? exjw generation prophecy era

• charlie brown jr.
    charlie brown jr.

My ex was the biggest Demon Paranoid JW I ever met....

She would throw away gifts ...that were very Valuable rather than sell them to get money if the person who gave the gift she felt.....

had demon problems...

I would be so pissed at her ... I would be watching something on TV and if she felt it was dealing with the Occult she would FREAK OUT!!

"Why are you inviting Satan into the house?" ......... But the Children could read every Harry Potter Book.

I was accused of being Influenced by Demons and possibly being Demonic.... Monster 2

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

I have such a fear of demons to this day. As a child, I was scared beyond belief. Neither my sister nor I could go to sleep readily at night b/c our eyes were plastered on demon patrol. My parents thought it was silly but they would not tell a WTS rep that to his face in front of us. As I grew older, it heated up. One day the WT posted a brief blurb about a demon getting into a woman's bed to have sex. It was so gothic and over the top, I no longer believed rationally. It is embarassing to explain my fear to normal people.

Demons equate to sex. I believe they are a symbol that represents all the perverted sex running through the Witnesses. The debasement of women. Exploring intimate details of duly married couples. It is a perversion.

• Violia
    Violia

I have seen all the things you mentioned at various times during the time I attended the KH. I noted in the 80's there was a decline in the number of Awake articles quoting warlocks and witches. I also noticed an increase in mental health articles at that time too. I knew some who used the daily text as a sort of horoscope . I have known folks who said they could "feel" the demons in a persons home. I always felt there was a lot of interest in this, and they seem to assign the demons a lot of power. If someone got ill I have heard it rumored it was punishment for something they had done wrong or they were under influence of demons. I agree that I am no longer fascinated or fearful of this subject.

• yknot
    yknot

It was is a normal topic in my life....

I think we saw the decline in the publications as Franz became more irrelevent.....

For the most part is just a catch-all thing to blame when things go wrong.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

The whole thing is silly. Christ is Lord now, in the present. Satan is created, an inferior creature predestined to be defeated. Christ is KIng. Even with the Witness demotion of Christ, he can wooop Satan any time he wishes and stop Acts of God with a wink. If we believe that Christ's death had any meaning, we are free from the powers. Paul writes movingly that no powers or principalties can defeat us if we are for Christ.

They elevated the demons above Christ. Jesus of Nazareth hardly got as much press attention. Christ died for us, history changed, we are free, ta da.

• JimmyPage
    JimmyPage

Yes when I was growing up people loved to tell stories about demons.

Demons in secondhand items, demons in music- demons, demons everywhere!

Now that I no longer believe in invisible people it really does amaze me how much attention was wasted on this.

They were entertaining stories though.

• Morbidzbaby
    Morbidzbaby
    My ex was the biggest Demon Paranoid JW I ever met....
    She would throw away gifts ...that were very Valuable rather than sell them to get money if the person who gave the gift she felt.....
    had demon problems...
    I would be so pissed at her ... I would be watching something on TV and if she felt it was dealing with the Occult she would FREAK OUT!!
    "Why are you inviting Satan into the house?" ......... But the Children could read every Harry Potter Book.
    I was accused of being Influenced by Demons and possibly being Demonic....

MINE TOO!! He made us move so many times because he thought the house was demonized. He made me throw away my belongings because he thought they were attracting demons (never HIS stuff, though!!). He told me I was a "dangerous demon" and his mother called me a "tool of Satan". Demon issues run rampant in his brain, and somehow they always get blamed on ME. I haven't been allowed to send my kids anything because supposedly, every time I do, they "have problems" and he and his wife fight... I call bullshit.

Growing up in the JW's, I always heard demon stories and how dangerous they were, blah blah. I was petrified of them, of course. Now, I don't believe in them at all, so I don't have fear of them.

• andys
    andys

When the elders came over to my house to talk to me and I told them I have renonunced being a JW(they know I went apostate), you should have seen the look on their faces when they both stepped into my house they were looking around all suspsiouly like they were paranoid of something I knew its the paranoia of demons, I really wish I had a hidden camera set up somewhere.

• manthedan
    manthedan

I remember one Witness explained to several of us after a book study that when he broke all his "worldly" CD's, many of them exploded as if the demons were somehow inside or angry that he was destroying them.

I used to be somewhat worried of demons attacking me, but once I realized I wasn't an evil person, the fear disappeared into oblivion.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit