What if everyone just told the truth ....?

by Will Power 5 Replies latest jw friends

• Will Power
    Will Power

What if everyone just told the truth .... about why they are fading? I wonder what kind of articles would be written?
    Instead of:

"I'm too busy at work" – less controlling articles about gathering material things just to show off etc..
    "I need an education to get a good job" – no more guilt over fame, recognition etc
    "I'm burned out" – no more talk about how you should be prioritizing your own life.
    "I'm sick" – no more idolizing articles about sister wheelchair recruiting entire neighborhood.

So the truth of it like:
    "The failure to report known or suspected child molesters caused another tragedy" - Maybe more articles on "how & when to report to police" from a moral/legal standpoint. NOT how to protect the WT's image.
    "Too many doctrines are self-serving" – talks that invite open respectful discussion without marking or condemnation.
    "The blood guilting blood policy is too much to bear" – new articles that apologize for all the needless deaths and martyrdom practice
    "My conscience cannot handle the double standards one more minute" – acknowledgment and accountability regarding Malawi/Mexico, Bulgaria blood, Russian persecution/freedom, right down to hierarchy in the KH.
    "Your control is ripping apart our family" – articles about how to STOP shunning your loved one.
    "I have a sick relative and no one will help" – No more time sheets to hand in - care for the widows, orphans, & the poor, is just as important as bragging about hours and RVs
    "607 BC is ridiculous and so much more!" – Stop using circular reasoning, quotes out of context, quotes from the stone age that have been scientifically reversed.
    etc etc etc

This is not meant to criticize anyone who is fading - believe me I realize the problems with trying to step back and re-evaluate.

I'm just wondering if the WT would adjust their (invisible) presence.

wp

• itsacult2
    itsacult2

The truth is boring. People would rather feel good about believing nonsense. People who tell the truth get punished.

• Honesty
    Honesty

People who tell the truth get punished.

That's just the way it is and always has been in the JW religion cult

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

Never gonna happen.

• Will Power
    Will Power

Well, I guess a more realistic question/comment would be: Since the articles/talks/guilt trips seem to harp on how to DO MORE when it seems to be physically/mentally/spiritually/ impossible - i.e. giving the elders the fading reasons to DO LESS.

What if all of a sudden the people just trying to fade away gave the real reasons for their departure? Or Maybe the tightening IS THEIR DESPERATE RESPONSE ?

• Scully
    Scully

A lot of people would have hurt feelings....

For example:

"Do these pants make my ass look fat??"

"How was it for you?"

etc., etc.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit