I Feel Really Sad About This

by Ilovebirthdays 7 Replies latest jw experiences

• Ilovebirthdays
    Ilovebirthdays

My grandma (JW) has been wanting to see one of my first grade son's games for a long time. She always asks my grandpa to take her, but he hasn't up until this point. She's called several times to say they were coming, only to have my grandpa back out of taking her as she's unwell, and can't drive anymore. He finally brought her to my kids' t-ball game (it has taken so long to get her there, we've cycled through several seasons of different sports and my daughter finally is old enough to play, too). I talked to her today, and she told me that the game was the most fun she's had in years.

Now I think my kids' games are great fun, but, well, they're my kids. Granted, the games have a great atmosphere, the parents are very supportive of both teams, and they kids are young enough that the game provides great comic relief, but even though it was great to see her looking so well and obviously having tons of fun, it just makes me sad that that's the best time she's had in YEARS. I can't imagine. Actually, yes I can, and that is what makes me sad.

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!

How come she isn't able to get out more? Is your grandpa keeping her from going out?

• Ilovebirthdays
    Ilovebirthdays

She's really old and has health problems, and is no longer able to drive herself. She makes it to every meeting and service on Saturdays, but something always comes up when she wants to go watch my kids do something. I really don't think my grandpa is comfortable with the idea of seeing my "worldly" self and family, and I know he's not okay in doing it in situations where he's surrounded by a pile of "worldly" people.

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!

That's sad. So is taking your kids by their house out of the question? That way he wouldn't be "surrounded" by worldly people. Are you able to pick grandma up for a nice outing w/out grandpa maybe?

• Ilovebirthdays
    Ilovebirthdays

I take them by once or twice a year. That seems to be about all my grandpa can handle. They're both old enough about the only time they leave the house is for meetings or service.

• White Dove
    White Dove

That is sad.

My gramma once said that sometimes it just hurts to much to live.

Could be the physical pain involved in going out besides that stupid worldliphobic thing is what gets in the way.

• Roddy
    Roddy

How about you taking your boy to see grandma? It is apparent she is finding difficulty doing this on her own due to circumstances. Just do it. It will bring the both of you joy. Just do it while you can before it is too late and you wished you did. My two cents.

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

I agree that you should do what you can now, rather than regret it later.

I have only about two minutes of my Grammy taken with my new video camera, and she died not long after.

I wish I had more pictures and film to remember those times, and I can never put this right now.

Carpe Diem and Tempus Fugit.

HB

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit