Wonder what will happen?

by umadevi 7 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• umadevi
    umadevi

I wonder what will happen if I just call one of the "sisters" and say that I don't want to attend meetings anymore? Any ideas anyone?

• free2beme
    free2beme

I would bet they would tell you that is Satan speaking and then about 30 minutes later an elder would be calling you or the next night, two will be at your door.

• Retrovirus
    Retrovirus

Umadevi, I can't be certain as I was never a jw, but believe it will depend on your local congregation and elders. It could be anything from renewed pressure and "encouragement" to being disfellowshipped. It might be best to slowly miss more meetings over time.

Do you have "outside" friends and/or family? Does your son? Build such contacts before taking a decisive step.

Godd luck and keep posting, Retro

• WontLeave
    WontLeave

I wouldn't bother saying anything. If you don't want to go, don't go. I just looked over the book that's starting this week and in the first 2 chapters, it's pissed me off 4 times. I probably won't be attending meetings for a while, because I refuse to be around the idolatry. But, if I decide to show up, I will. When and if I go to a meeting is my decision and likewise should be for anyone. If people guilt trip you about how they "missed you", give them your number and tell them they're welcome to call if they really do. In reality, most JW relationships are fake and based solely on other people agreeing with everything they believe and seldom have anything to do with any personal connection. If that's all the relationship consists of, then why give them any sense of entitlement to what's going on in your mind and heart?

I understand the importance "the organization" is given as a JW. We are pressured to feel like we owe something to other Witnesses, elders, and the Society. They equate "the organization" with Jehovah, so if we snub the group, we're brainwashed to believe we're snubbing God himself. I doubt the apostles checked in with the Pharisees and kept them up to date on their comings and goings, so I treat my congregation pretty much the same way.

• umadevi
    umadevi

@ Retro

In my congo there are only 4 kids and my son is close to none of them. As for my friends all of them are JW so I guess I have to keep quiet for sometime until I find friends outside. My JW friends are great but they are too loyal to the organization. They will leave me once I decide to leave the 'Truth'. None of my family is JW, thank God!

I can't understand how I could have been so blind not to see the truth about WTS but I am glad at least it's not too late to 'fade' now. I want my son to have a normal childhood.

• jean-luc picard
    jean-luc picard

None of my family is JW, thank God!

Why not start spending more and more time with your family?

Could you have friends in common with them?

Friends ARE precious. I'm talking about REAL friends, not jw friends.

so dont expect to have loads of them, or you will be disappointed.

For myself, it was my work colleagues who helped out wonderfully at first.

But that was just a temporary boost, that was important, but which faded.

The rest was up to me. I had to go out and FIND friends. It is an active passtime.

Friends dont come to us, we have to go to them.

• umadevi
    umadevi

@jean-luc picard

Friends ARE precious. I'm talking about REAL friends, not jw friends

I had lots of precious friends outside before I became JW. Some even warned me not to go too deep into this religious org but I did not listen to them. I thought it would be best for both my son and me but now I am wiser. Over a long period of time I lost contact with most of my friends through my own fault. I am not proud of what I had done. I will find someway to get in touch with them and apologize. That is, if they will forgive me.

• jean-luc picard
    jean-luc picard

Facebook is a wonderful thing. People LOVE finding old friends.

Good luck, and keep us informed.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit