I'm doing research for an article of writing on why JW's are clinging on to the religion regarless of the pain and dysfunction. Those of you that remember me know I have written on this subject for many years. I have not written an article on this topic for over nine years and I wanted to create a relevant post based on the current dynamics and theology. In reading the posting history I see some things have changed. I am starting my work based on these suppositions. Please give your assestment and input.
1. The current increase in wars, social unrest, economic crash, and natural disasters are boosting the fear and faith of older JWs.
2. The current deaths of their leaders is giving some hope that things will change.
3. The theology has been toned down to be more generic instead of a date they are working hard for loosening the hour requirements.
4. No major PR crisis like Silentlambs in years gone by.
5. Members who have no place to go lacking money, an education, and support system.
6. Fear of losing their family and pseudo friends.
Did I miss anything?
Look forward to your comments.