Final Separation from the JW brain washing

by Lehaa 9 Replies latest jw friends

• Lehaa
    Lehaa

I made the final step the other day.

I donated blood.

I've been meaning to do it for ages, just never gotten around to it. Felt absolutely no guilt or akwardness at all. Feel great. My Hubbies family we're sooo proud of me.

Will definately go do it again.

• Retrovirus
    Retrovirus

Congratulations, Lehaa!

I'm a blood donor also; one of the major things that "stumbled" me in my "bible studies" was that insane doctrine!

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Good for you, giving blood to save another persons life if a very Christian thing to do.

Unfortunately there are still many diseases and medical health problems that require people to receive a blood transfusion

to save from people dieing. I try to give at least once a year.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

Congrats! I'm not allowed to donate blood due to a previous health condition, but they allowed me to donate platelets. It's much more involved than donating blood, as it takes several hours and causes light headedness and chills. Still I was able to assist a co-worker in treatment for lukemia. It's a good feeling.

• CoonDawg
    CoonDawg

Congrats. I plan on becoming a marrow donor soon.

• anniegirl76
    anniegirl76

I'm still trying to do that : (

• mamalove
    mamalove

Feels good to be a life saver, I bet!!

• wobble
    wobble

Well done Leeha !

I donated for the first time a few months back, and have booked my next donation. It is one of the few things that you can do anonymously to help someone, it is easy, and I found quite fun! My fellow donors and I had a laugh and a good chat, it was more like a club atmosphere.

Along with voting regularly in Elections, it is one of the things that makes me feel like a regular, normal person.

(Not that Wobble will ever be truly "normal", if I become that, I demand they cure me of it!)

• Lehaa
    Lehaa

Thanks all.

Glad there are soo many of us out that there doing whe can.

Thinking of doing Plasma next time, apparently they prefer it here if you can do that and I can do it every 2 weeks.

• sizemik
    sizemik

I can't donate anything . . . even when I'm dead . . . hepC+

But my humble thanks to all of you who do . . . I might well need a new liver one day.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit