All knowledge would be taken...?

by satinka 6 Replies latest jw friends

• satinka
    satinka

Do you recall hearing this teaching...?

I recall as a jw I was taught that if anyone dared to leave the organization, all knowledge would be taken from us.

Turns out it was yet another JW lie.

NOW, eleven years after leaving, I still remember the scriptures word for word and by using the concordance I find my way back to the scripture in question. I look at it with new eyes. A new meaning emerges and I know it fits my life NOW.

I'd appreciate hearing your comments.

satinka

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

What did they mean by all knowledge being taken? Were they saying we'd become like neanderthals or something?

• snowbird
    snowbird

I've been out mentally for 17 years, and physically, 6; I have a better grasp of and appreciation for the Holy Scriptures than ever.

Even Revelation.

Syl

• PYRAMIDSCHEME
    PYRAMIDSCHEME

I have more knowledge now than when I was in. I even receive the new light faster than those who actually go to the meetings.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

One thing you lose little by little is your instinctive cult defense mechanism and ability to spontaneously regurgitate Borgish platitudes.

• satinka
    satinka

Mr Freeze wrote:

Were they saying we'd become like neanderthals or something?

I think what they meant was that when someone leaves, the holy spirit would also leave and thus we would be rendered helpless or ineffective to speak about the bible. I suppose it is meant to discredit us. No JWs would take us seriously after leaving. Another lie of the WT. No wonder they are not allowed to speak to us. If they did they would leave, too! Well thought out propaganda by the ole patriarchs of the WT.

Snowbird wrote:

I've been out mentally for 17 years, and physically, 6; I have a better grasp of and appreciation for the Holy Scriptures than ever. Even Revelation.

Glad to hear it! Of course its easy to believe NOW, though. It is my experience too, Snowbird.

PyramidScheme wrote:

I even receive the new light faster than those who actually go to the meetings.

LOL! I receive new light too, but it isn't the same light as the WT, fortunately. Maybe its new light ABOUT the WT lies!

satinka

• satinka
    satinka

Mad Sweeney wrote:

One thing you lose little by little is your instinctive cult defense mechanism and ability to spontaneously regurgitate Borgish platitudes.

Well said, I'm counting on that!

satinka

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit