"O A S H E The Book of Jehova"????

by Hairy Harr 4 Replies latest jw friends

• Hairy Harr
    Hairy Harr

I need a little help on finding a book...but first, the rest of the story. Back some time ago when I was affiliated I stopped at a used bookstore. I loved searching thru them and making little discoveries. Anyway, this one time I came across a big thick book that was published I believe in the late 1800's. The title on the front cover said something like.."O A S H E - The Book of Jehova". I could be wrong on the exact letters at the beginning but I know some of them are correct and Jehovah was spelled differently. I excitedly took my find home whereupon my Goody-Goody Dub Wife (now EX)got terrified and a male Witless friend who happened to be there agreed with her that it could very well be demonized and we should get rid of it immediately. Well I had just spent ten bucks on it and was not about to let them burn it so I carefully put it in the trunk of the car and took it back to the store to get my money back. I later mentioned the book to a older, smarter Witter. He said I should have kept it, it would be interesting to look at. I went back to the store and even though only a few days had passed someone else bought it. The store clerk said it was a college prof. It's been bugging me for years. I would greatly like to know if anyone is familiar with it. I remember from my brief look at it that it was written in chapter/verse style but none of the names or headings were familiar. There were I believe hyreaglyphics(sic) of some sort in it too. Can anyone help? Thank you.
    HH

• out4good3
    out4good3

Isn't it funny how anything they don't understand or anything that questions the WTS in any way is promptly labeled demonized. Anything that hints at being critical of the GB and WTS is labeled demon inspired. I remember this same hysteria with the procter and Gamble logo, cabbage patch dolls, smurfs, .....the list goes on and on.

The only thing deemed safe by them to look or listen to more than a few seconds is the WT literature. Oh, and that mechanized garbage they all spout out to each other.

• Athanasius
    Athanasius

Greetings Harry,

Regarding "OAHSPE--A NEW BIBLE IN THE WORDS OF JEHOVIH AND HIS ANGEL EMBASSADORS, A SACRED HISTORY OF THE DOMINIONS OF THE HIGHER AND LOWER HEAVENS ON THE EARTH FOR THE PAST TWENTY-FOUR THOUSAND YEARS. Its a long title and I spelled it out just as it is on the title page. The book was originally published in 1882 by John Ballou. The book is 991 pages. My copy is a reprint by the Oahspe Publishing Association of New York and London. It doesn't give a date for the republishing. You should be able to find the book at any New Age or Occultic Bookshop. You could also check second-hand book stores. Look in the occult section.

Hope this has been helpful.

Sincerely,

Athanasius

• Hairy Harr
    Hairy Harr

Athanasius, THANK YOU, THANK YOU! It's been driving me nuts not knowing.
    HH

• expatbrit
    expatbrit

Hairy:

You can also rest assured that you did not throw away a fortune: http://dogbert.abebooks.com/abe/BookSearch?ph=2&tn=oahspe&bsi=30

Expatbrit

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit