Hey Its Been a Long Time

by Pitchess Co-Gen 5 Replies latest jw friends

• Pitchess Co-Gen
    Pitchess Co-Gen

I've since returned to the meetings ( only the Sunday ones ). I realize that the talks seem less from the heart and more from scripted. Like I said in past posts the only reason I'm doing this is because my wife and I are having a son soon. I hate the cliques and backstabing that goes on in the religion also. ( Check my past post and comments ).

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

I realize that the talks seem less from the heart and more from scripted.

From what I understand, they are damn near manuscripts instead of outlines. Not much room for thoughts from the heart.

Can't say that for certain, haven't seen a WT talk outline in years.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

Congrats on the baby.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

The outlines haven't changed. The length of time you have to deliver them was cut from 45 to 30 minutes. If you're a true believer in sticking to the outline, you have no time to include anything but what's on the outline. The newer ones are shorter, and designed for a 30 minute talk, but there are something like 150 of the old 45 minute versions around that the speaker has to cram into a half hour.

Also, the smarter, better speakers are leaving the Borg and joining JWN, JWR, and doing various other productive things with their lives. The brain drain has really hurt the Borg when it comes to talent.

• straightshooter
    straightshooter

I found in the past that the talks really depend on the talents of the speaker. Those who were excellent would give their talks as if they were talking to you instead of sounding like reading from the script. The less talented speakers would read from their notes instead.

Congratulations on the upcoming son.

• outlawwilly
    outlawwilly

I should'nt have left you, without a dope rhyme to step to........... Sorry.....

Congrats oon your son. Sucks you had to return to the indoctrination sessions. I know where you are coming from though. Heres to you and your wife breaking free from it all. (if that is what you wish to do) Regardless, I wish you luck in your new adventures with your family.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit