News - JW life saved by blood alternative

by Pig 6 Replies latest social current

• Pig
  • smiddy
    smiddy

This story is getting wide publicity in Australia

I wonder if the jw`s see the hypocricy of using a derivative of cows blood in this procedure

I think not

smiddy

• Pig
    Pig

haha if you look at my link it says "life saved by cows blood"

I wonder if the new light is that God is against human blood but didnt say anything about animal blood.

• WhatWasIThinking
    WhatWasIThinking

This is good news for people in general in cases where there is a shortage of blood available. What I don't understand is if JWs can't accept plasma, how can they accept things derived from animal plasma?

• blondie
  • smiddy
    smiddy

I first learned about this procedure some years ago from this site and the AJWRB site,admittedly Iwas skeptical accepting it as true,and I`ve been out of the religion since 1993,just shows how deeply ingrained in you beleifs can become.

Haemoglobin-based oxygen carrier-HBOC 201 is a type of synthetic blood. It contains haemoglobin derived from cows blood.

Maybe..... just maybe...Some jw`s will take their head out of the sand.....,seeing this in newspapers....and realize that this is nothing more than a man made doctrine ,and maybe start questioning the blood issue.

smiddy

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

Maybe..... just maybe...Some jw`s will take their head out of the sand.....,seeing this in newspapers....and realize that this is nothing more than a man made doctrine ,and maybe start questioning the blood issue.

We can only hope.

It just seems hypocritical for her to accept this. Some JWs don't even use blood-and-bone garden fertilisers. I come from the era when even blood fractions were not allowed. What's that scripture about straining the gnat while gulping down the the camel?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit