Open Letter to The leaders of Christendom (2)

by DazedAndConfused 4 Replies latest jw friends

• DazedAndConfused
    DazedAndConfused

Thank you nytelecom for the opening for this.

John E. Barr, Carey W. Barber, Theodore Jaracz, Karl F. Klein, Gerritt Losch, Milton G. Henschel , Albert D. Schroeder, Daniel Sydlik, Samuel Herd, David Splane, Steve Lett, Guy Pierce

What's that? You say you are no part of Christendom? Wait, let me look that up. Oh yes, there it is. I looked it up in the 1986-1990 Watchtower Index. Under Christendom the first thing it says is:

(SEE ALSO ANTICHRIST; APOSTASY; BABYLON THE GREAT; CHURCHES; CLERGY; EASTERN ORTHODOX CHURCH; EVANGELISTS; INTERFAITH; PRIESTS; PROTESTANTISM; REFORMATION; RELIGION; ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH; SUNDAY SCHOOLS; INDIVIDUAL DOCTRINES AND RELIGIONS BY NAME)

Just a side note on this…I thought that Jehovah's Witnesses thought of themselves as a religion.

If I may I would like to list a few subheadings:

Bible discredited by:
    bloodguilt:
    destruction:
    handwriting on the wall
    disunity:
    Exposed:
    as spiritually dead
    lack of love:
    meaning of: sh235

Let me quote that from the "Mankind's search for God" book:

"*By "Christendom" we refer to the realm of sectarian activity dominated by religions that claim to be Christian. "Christianity" refers to the original form of worship and access to God taught by Jesus Christ."

Again, do you not consider yourself to be Christians?

On to a couple more subheadings:

not channel of communication:
    part of Serpent's seed:

Now this is what is written in YOUR publication. Let's go to an accepted resource for the meaning of words…namely the Dictionary. I am looking in the 1998 Random House Webster's Unabridged Dictionary. Under the word Christendom it says:

1) Christians collectively.
    2) The Christian world.
    3) Christianity.

Quite short and to the point. Either you are a part of Christendom or you aren't Christian.

• Francois
    Francois

Well said. I note that in any argument, people who really don't want to face the ACTUAL issues always bog down the entire process arguing over the definition of terms.

In things like negotiations between nations to attempt ending a war, for instance, arguments over the shape of the table and the things that can be on the table and who sits where can go on for months. Remember the Paris peace talks between the US and North Vietnam?

So why would we expect anything different from the JWs? They're going to do the best they can to avoid dealing with actual issues by arguing over the definition of terms.

Nice job of turning the spotlight on how common and predictable the JWs actually are.

Francois

• Satanus
    Satanus

Dazed

One refrain on the lips of many christians (not all) to other christians, not of their particular group is that other christians are not real christians. So, in villifying other christians, the wt is right at home w other christians. As a result, the wt has made itself right at home in christendom.

It may be that there are individuals living like the individual jesus lived (if he existed). They may not be doing exactly the same things jesus did. However, as the jesus seminar demonstrated, enterpretations of his life and words go on ad nausium, as to make debate on this topic practically meaningless.

BTW, i think you are niether dazed or confused.

SS

• DazedAndConfused
    DazedAndConfused

Thank you to both of you for your replies. One of the big things that get to me about the Organism is that it always has plays on words and has their own language. This one was an example of what really bugs me and two other examples are: Cross vs Stake and the meaning of the word Apostasy. The Organism has their own take on all of this and the r&f just say "OK, that sounds good". They never check other sources to see if it is in line with the truth. It's unbelievable.

• DazedAndConfused
    DazedAndConfused

Yes, unshamedly (is that a word?) I am bringing this back to the top (bttp). Come on people.....either get behind me or confront me.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit