Russell Gold Mine and "The history of the society from 1910 to 1920

by chasson 2 Replies latest watchtower bible

• chasson
    chasson

In 2002, i had seen an auction on ebay concerning few documents on Charles Taze Russell owning a gold mine in 1916. I had saved the webpage, and believing that it was a knowned issue i didn't care more about it.

Few years after, i remembered it, and found nothing about it on the internet, and because i have changed several times my hard drive, i have lost the saved webpage too.

On this page: http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/jehovahs-witness/T3BGTA0VV95NHCT2U a contributor explain:

"In October 1916 Pastor Charles Taze Russell left New York on a journey from which he never returned alive. According to A. H. Macmillan one of the reasons Pastor Russell made his final journey out west was to inspect a rich gold mine. In a lecture titled: THE HISTORY OF THE SOCIETY FROM 1910 TO 1920, Macmillan says:“Then he began going into details about how the work was to be carried on. How he was going away to California on a trip (from which he never returned alive). Some brothers developed the idea that they could dig up millions of dollars down in the southern part of Nevada at a place called Soda Lake. They had rich deposits of gold, mercury and quicksilver and they wanted Brother Russell to come out and look it over.”

What became of this mine with vast stores of gold from which Russell could finance his publishing empire? Or were these “brothers” actually con men who planned to fleece the Pastor in a bogus investment scheme?"

has someone the text of this lecture of MacMillan ? Barbara or others, have you some information concerning this "lost gold mine" ?

• saltyoldlady
    saltyoldlady

Wow - this is a fascinating piece of info - I had never heard of it before.

• chasson

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit