Easter not Pagan enough

by free2beme 3 Replies latest jw friends

• free2beme
    free2beme

I may be a former Witness, who was told Easter all Pagan. Now though, with myself being Pagan ... I just see too much Christianity in Easter and do not do much with it. Got a cheap deal on a ham, couldn't pass that up, so having a ham dinner. Had a ton of my friends write, "JESUS HAS RISEN" on my Facebook updates. I wanted to laugh at each and every one, but did not. I know it makes them feel good. Basically though, Easter can bite my ass ... just too lame for my taste.

• The Oracle
    The Oracle

I get a chuckle out of all religious customs now....but I don't laugh too hard.

Once upon a time, not too long ago, I was hook line and sinker as well...and believed some of the most ridiculous things anyone could imagine.

Most celebrations have a great upside, no matter what their roots.

It is nice when circumstances allow the family to get together and enjoy some food and drink, and some laughs.

The Oracle

• Satanus
    Satanus

Yah, bring back the purity of the pagan to easter!

S *starts chanting PAGAN PAGAN PAGAN*

• asleif_dufansdottir
    asleif_dufansdottir

Our lifestyles are too far removed from the natural world. If your life depended on your ability to grow food, if you were dependent on hunting rabbits or raising lambs to survive, if the greens that finally started growing were the first fresh vegetables you'd had in months...if you spent winter huddled somewhere with only the fire you cut for heat...Ostara would be a BIG deal to you

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit