The Internet Archive

by Kristen 9 Replies latest jw friends

• Kristen
    Kristen

Here's a handy tool to use when people “suddenly” remove Web sites, or if you want to view the archives of certain sites on the Web...

http://www.archive.org/

Just type in the complete URL and you'll get a list of links for each year if copies have been archived in the library.

• kpax
    kpax

Interesting how this site looked like a couple of years ago.

Kpax

• fodeja
    fodeja

Funny - I just mentioned that site on the other thread minutes ago!

Those who missed the fun can actually browse the good old witnesses.net there! It's a bit slow, though (actually, I would have expected it to be MUCH slower, considering the tons of data this archive holds).

f.

• DanielHaase
    DanielHaase

Very cool! Thanks for posting that link. Besides Witnesses.net, can anybody else out there remember any old silly dub sites?

"Brother, you better get down on your knees and pay...a thousand more fools are being born every f***ing day" -Bad Religion
  • ladonna
    ladonna

Kpax,

That site is a real laugh!!! I liked this pic....if it shows up

Fodeja,

You just mentiones this archive??? AHHHhhhhhh...you saw "new light"????? WOW

Ana

• ladonna
    ladonna

grrrrrrrrrrrrr.....that's NOT the pic I put up

• dmouse
    dmouse

Hey that's brilliant!

Because the WBTS removed its name from the UN list of NGO's it became difficult to prove affiliation to a R&F JW but now you can browse the old site and the WBTS is listed as bold as day.

• ZazuWitts
    ZazuWitts

Fodeja & Kristen,

Wonderful - this link will definitely be helpful relating to a particular area of interest I'm currently researching. Thanks so much, I had no idea such expansive achival info existed.

• peaceloveharmony
    peaceloveharmony

hey guys, thanks for the link. i've been having some fun browsing thru wit.net. here is a fun thread from there hehe:

http://web.archive.org/web/20001208115600/discussion.witnesses.net/Forum34/HTML/002316.html

(hoping the link works...)

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

{from the above thread linked by PLH}

Nomen Clature

Administrator posted 04-06-2000 14:57
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The administration will be giving brownie points to everyone who keeps a calm, reasonable "laid back" manner in this discussion.

It's nice to remember that I had a sense of humor even when I was a witness.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit