Religion all over the world! CIA Report.

by kpax 2 Replies latest jw friends

• kpax
  • Abaddon
    Abaddon

Nice link to the CIA site, thanks;

Look at this;

US= 90% affiliated, 10% not

UK= 66% affiliated, 36% not

Netherlands= 60% affiliated, 40% not

France= 96% affiliated, 4% not

Germany= 73% affiliated, 27% not

Australia= 87% affiliated, 13% not

Iraq= 100% affiliated

Iran= 100% affiliated

New Zealand= 66% affiliated, 33% not

I basically chose countries to illustrate a divide between secularly dominated and religiously dominated societies.

Based on the stats, if one excludes the couple of countries where religion has been proscribed, all countries are still religiously dominated.

Except that notional 'tick on a survey form' membership is a lot different from practising membership.

Which means that out of the list above, at least four can claim to be secularly dominated states (UK, Netherlands, Germany, New Zealand.

Other countries, like some of the Scandinavian countries, have state religions which many people have nominal membership of. Others have similarly assumptive stats, like France (above) and Spain and Italy. In either case it's harder to figure out whether they are secular or religious from the available figures

But, can anyone guess the common factor between the four secular states I have highlighted, and the religously dominated countries like Iraq, Iran and the USA, that the secular states don't share?

(I know this is not a statistically sound analysis, it's largely playing with numbers to create a discussion).

People living in glass paradigms shouldn't throw stones...

• waiting
    waiting
    But, can anyone guess the common factor between the four secular states I have highlighted, and the religously dominated countries like Iraq, Iran and the USA, that the secular states don't share?

No and I'm too tired for that.........but you could educate me, eh? That would be so much easier as you're male ego could *adjust* itself and I could just read. Whatcha think?

waiting

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit