Explanation Of New Light?????

by LaDonnaAna 7 Replies latest jw friends

• LaDonnaAna
    LaDonnaAna

You can copy your post below to make sure it is not lost:

At least this JW "tries" to explain the constant ever changing "new light"

http://www.geocities.com/ekron35/light.html

To find a whole host of JW homepages, visit....

http://directory.google.com/Top/Society/Religion_and_Spirituality/Christianity/Denominations/Jehovah's_Witnesses/Personal_Pages/

Ana

• Gopher
    Gopher

Here's their quote from the Kingdom Proclaimers book:

they let the Bible interpret itself, and from this they endeavor to understand 'the pattern' of truth set forth in God's Word. Jehovah leads or guides them to such understanding by means of his holy spirit. But to get guidance of that spirit, they must cultivate its fruitage, not grieve or work against it, and keep responsive to its proddings.

Jehovah leads them, does he? Then why all the back and forth shifting of teachings? Can't Jehovah make up his mind what to tell his people?

Obviously, they aren't getting "guidance of that spirit". What with the pedophile-allowing policies and the harsh disfellowshipping and demonizing of some of its weak people, yeah they sure are showing the fruitages of God's holy spirit. (NOT)

Jehovah's Witnesses are merely another man-made religion. They don't have any inside track on special revelations from God, and they certainly do not have or display his holy spirit!!

GopherWhy shouldn't truth be stranger than fiction? Fiction, after all, has to make sense.
    Mark Twain (1835-1910)

• DakotaRed
    DakotaRed

As he states, if one has been in the dark so long, isn't it better to gradually bring in the light? Does that cover their usual accusation of ex's drifting away? We gradually received the light and awakened from the dark of the Watchtower?

I wonder if that gradual exposure to the light should apply to DFing? Since DFing suddenly thrusts one from dark to light, maybe that is what they hope will shock truth seekers back into the fold? Hoping the light will hurt their eyes?

I give the site owner credit, though. At least he knows how to copy and paste from the Watchtower CD (comments taken from the Proclaimers Book). Hmm, now I wonder why the Watchtower isn't threatening him with a copyright infringement lawsuit?

If God's Spirit is filling a Kingdom Hall, how is it that Satan can manuever the ones within that Kingdom Hall at the same time?

• DanielHaase
    DanielHaase

It's a real damn shame some of these dubs have so much on their hands that they can copy this crap out of the literature and post it on the web. I always had a hard time understanding the organization Jesus supposedly works through has to constantly change things ("new light"). When I read the new testament,, I don't remember Jesus being so inconsistent..

• ladonna
    ladonna

Daniel,

When I read the new testament,, I don't remember Jesus being so inconsistent..
    Simply put, Dan, he wasn't as inconsistent as the JW's. I am not sure of any organization that is as inconsistent.
    It surprises me that they can continue for so many years with constant "new light" emerging to merely cover up their stuff ups.

Ana

• JT
    JT

It surprises me that they can continue for so many years with constant "new light" emerging to merely cover up their stuff ups.

Ana
    #########
    Well Ana here is your answer- smile
    James

The words of Carl Sagan are so True

<blockquote>
    Doctrines that make no predictions are less compelling than those which make correct predictions; they are in turn more successful than doctrines that make false predictions. But not always. One prominent American religion confidently predicted that the world would end in 1914. Well, 1914 has come and gone, and -- while the events of that year were certainly of some importance -- the world does not, at least so far as I can see, seem to have ended.
    There are at least three responses that an organized religion can make in the face of such a failed and fundamental prophecy. They could have said, "Oh, did we say '1914'? So sorry, we meant '2014'. A slight error in calculation. Hope you weren't inconvenienced in any way." But they did not. They could have said, "Well, the world *would* have ended, except we prayed very hard and interceded with God and He spared the Earth." Instead, they did something much more ingenious. They announced that the world *had* in fact ended in 1914, and if the rest of us hadn't noticed, that was our lookout.
    It is astonishing in the face of such transparent evasions that this religion has any adherents at all. But religions are tough. Either they make no contentions which are subject to disproof or they quickly redesign doctrine after disproof. The fact that religions can be so shamelessly dishonest, so contemptuous of the intelligence of their adherents, and still flourish does not speak very well for the tough-mindedness of the believers. But it does indicate, if a demonstration were needed, that near the core of the religious experience is something remarkably resistant to rational inquiry.
    — quote from "Broca's Brain" by Carl Sagan, p. 332, twelfth edition

• ladonna
    ladonna

JT,

Thanks for the post. How true Sagan's words are.
    And yes, the explanation did make me smile

Thanks,
    Ana...*still wondering why they continue to survive..lol's*

• DanielHaase
    DanielHaase

Hell, come to think of it, the last time I personally saw "new light" I had dropped acid. That's it! That's what they doing up there in New York.....

"Brother, you better get down on your knees and pay...a thousand more fools are being born every f***ing day" -Bad Religion

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit