interesting for gb/anointed do they know they wrote this since the believe thier imperfect men running the org. but not according to this tidbit

by TheLoveDoctor 8 Replies latest jw friends

• TheLoveDoctor
    TheLoveDoctor

*** w742/1p.96

So it can be seen that a person does not become alive from God’s standpoint until such time as he is free from condemnation resulting from sinfulness. In the case of those who will rule with Jesus Christ, Jehovah God, on the basis of his Son’s sacrifice, “declares them righteous” and thus views them as being perfect, without sin, while yet in the flesh on earth. (Rom. 8:33) However, others of mankind, including those resurrected on earth during Christ’s thousand-year reign, will not immediately be freed from sinful inclinations and their deadly effects. In fact, without the benefits of Christ’s ransom being applied to them and their availing themselves of these, such resurrected ones on earth would die again. That liberation from sinful inclinations will eventually take place during the Christ’s thousand-year reign is confirmed at 1 Corinthians 15:24-28. There we read that not until “the last enemy, death,” is brought to nothing will Jesus ‘hand over the kingdom to his God and Father.’ This ‘handing over of the kingdom’ could not occur until the completion of Christ’s thousand-year reign. Thereafter Satan will be released from the abyss and permitted to subject humankind to a final test.—Rev. 20:3, 7-10.

• DanaBug
    DanaBug

Omg! That is the ultimate...I can't even think of word to describe that! See, that's what happens when you're not part of the new covenant, Jesus isn't your mediator and the New Testament doesn't apply to you, according to Christianity. You don't get declared righteous or forgiven until they get up there and work on your behalf, and even then you're not in the clear until after Satan is destroyed. It's blasphemy! (And I don't even believe this stuff, still pisses me off!) Nevermind that "the love of God that is Christ our Lord", mentioned in verse 39 of that chapter, is that all men be saved. How is it possible to get so far from the whole point? How?

• TheLoveDoctor
    TheLoveDoctor

Wow is right

• RayPublisher
    RayPublisher

I've heard this one, years ago... It wouldn't phase an asleep JW in the least- not a smoking gun, sorry. It "means" in WTS double-talk it is symbolic and not literal, another one of Freddy's multi layered symbolisms.

• TheLoveDoctor
    TheLoveDoctor

that doesnt sound like symbolic statement.

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

That is a total fabrication, totally unscriptural. Being resurrected isto be raised up incorruptible. 1 Corinthians 15:51-57 explains.

51 Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed, 52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed. 53 For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality. 54 So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory. 55 O death, where is thy sting? O grave c , where is thy victory? 56 † The sting of death is sin; and the strength of sin is the law. 57 But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.

In fact, reading the whole chapter in context brings many of the WT doctrines about the afterlife to ruin.

• RayPublisher
    RayPublisher

@TheLoveDr - There is a duality in the thinking the JW mind and these contradictions can eaily be accepted and understood as "literal" and "not-literal" at the same time. I only know because I've experienced it and am trying to shake off this crap out of my thinking but family memebers I've talked to still exhibit it and it's HARD to reason, even impossible, with most of them until they are ready.

• Crisis of Conscience
    Crisis of Conscience

Interesting. No wonder they never make mistakes! Oh wait, there was that time...................... and also that........................... Ah! Too many to list.

Thanks for another BS quote from the "chosen" ones.

CoC

• TheLoveDoctor
    TheLoveDoctor

what i find amazing is that they dont know the printed that shit. If they knew they be wow we are assholes, I hope no one knows

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit