LMFAO oh what emotionally manipulative BULL!!!

by Reality79 9 Replies latest jw friends

• Reality79
    Reality79

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5hi98nSy6U

*how do I display youtube vids?*

The mother in the vid, while she's quite good looking, is a typical soft spoken sister who is actually skillful at emotional manipulation. You know the type - mention anything you have a desire to do, but they will twist it around and make you feel guilty for pursuing anything that isn't WT related.

Just to think not too long ago in the past I would have thought this b.s. was "spiritually strengthening". You cannot 'slave' for two 'masters'. Even though there are plenty of celebrities/athletes/any talented individual from all different faiths and beliefs and they seem to be getting on just fine. But no, if you're not a "slave" (As a black person I HATE that word) of the Watchtower Corporation then you're siding with the Devil.

So basically, throw away your youth and all your natural talents out the window and become a bible bashing cultist whose only skill is giving talks and peddling magazines on a Saturday morning while everyone else your own age are studying and engaging themselves in all other activities that will actually benefit them in life. I knew a youngster in my hall who actually had a chance to have a starring role in the 2006 film Notes on a Scandal (ironic title considering.....) but was convinced not to pursue acting and pioneer instead! What a waste!

• wasblind
    wasblind

Goodmorning Reality,

during my daughters senior year in high school

the sister who studied with us, tried to discourage

my daughter from attening a four year university

but I put my foot down, I felt if the elders in that

cong allowed their children to go. why should

others kids be discouraged.

• PublishingCult
  • Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Youtube vids used to display all by themselves in IE8. IE9 has killed that and I haven't figured out the code to embed them using Firefox, either.

About wasting lives for the Borg, I am torn between anger and sadness on the issue. It is both disgusting and pathetic what the WT does to people's lives.

• VIII
  • CoonDawg
    CoonDawg

What a bunch of BS. Besides, his first talk? He's like 17 - I gave my first talk when I was 7. And I just know that the old german dude will start prattling on about how he was encouraged in sports when he was in the Hitler Youth.

• WontLeave
    WontLeave

She's right, you know. This is why we can't slave for the Governing Body and for God. Of course, when JWs say "Jehovah", they really mean "the Society", so they don't see a conflict. When they read Pro 3:5, they see "Trust the Watchtower magazine." I cringe when a JW says "Wait on Jehovah" when something is addressed in the Bible, but the Watchtower has a different idea. It would seem Jehovah has already weighed in, but what a JW really means when they say this is "Wait for the Governing Body to pull their heads from their rectums." Because of this blatant misapplication of Psa 37:7, no JW is permitted to acknowledge (or even notice) any mistakes made by the Governing Body, and by extension (I just had to put that in there), the Writing Department. One can acknowledge the "old light" and be happified by the Society's light getting brighter, but seeing any current mistakes is completely verboten. This idolatry is what makes the entire organization distasteful and will be the downfall of a very large portion of 7M active and faithful Witnesses.

• Georgiegirl
    Georgiegirl

OMG. I literally was only able to listen to about 20 seconds of this before feeling sick to my stomach. Blergh. Had to turn it off. There should be a warning on these things.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

I remember playing this DVD for my child. She must have seen it 100 times. I pray none of it stuck.

• Reality79
    Reality79

This is why it's always a good thing when you hear of "young ones leaving the 'truth'" even though the wts will have us believe it's something tragic. At least youngsters who leave still have more than enough time on their hands to make REAL accomplishments in their lives instead of passing around a microphone and being leered at by the undercover perverts and potential crazy marriage mates who will just make their lives a misery. I just feel sorry for those in their 60s and 70s who now look back and realise what could have been. I'm 32 years old and even though I'm still young I wish I had walked away a decade ago.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit