Time to close ranks

by DagothUr 2 Replies latest jw friends

• DagothUr
    DagothUr

Lookie look what the Jdub Talk Forum just brough in!

Dub1:

We have the CO visit this week. As he closed the meeting tonight he said something interesting that was a direct statement from the governing body...
    Now is the time to close ranks!!!
    I liked these definitions;
    unite; come together for fighting, unite and work together; focus a group's energies
    This is the way we can ensure that we will be part of the great crowd, if we unite, come together for the spiritual warfare, unite and work together to reconcile people to Jehovah.

Dub2:

sorry, the words of the CO are the these?
    Now is the time to close ranks!!!
    I liked these definitions;
    unite; come together for fighting, unite and work together; focus a group's energies
    This is the way we can ensure that we will be part of the great crowd, if we unite, come together for the spiritual warfare, unite and work together to reconcile people to Jehovah.??
    if they are they are very interesting. strong words.

Dub1:

Yes the CO said it came direct from governing body. (The points after definition are my own understanding not their words.)

Dub3:

That thread was a while back, think in Sep. It definitely is an interesting statement. I really think the end is so very close. Things are happening all over the world that I don't recall in my history. It's really bad out there, people are turning on each other, their governments. We definitely need to be there for each other, cause the world is falling apart fast, economically and socially. It's a real mess.

Uber-admin-dub:

We need to "close ranks" in a number of ways.
    Draw close together for the purpose of accomplishing our ministry.
    Draw close together for the supporting and building one another up.
    Draw close together as a family.
    I heard this expression in my Kingdom Ministry School for Ministerial Servants last November, but I thought someone else had brought it up before.

Dub4:

Hmm, I have problems to fully understand the phrase "to close ranks". Could somebody please explain them in other words?
    Does it mean "to get together" or something like that?

Dub5:

that is exactly how I see it Ava...dates mean nothing to me...but the sign of these times....the things happening now ...it is speeding on us......yes I would say "to get together" sums it nicely....we really have to strive to draw close to our brothers and sisters now...we need to be really united...we will probaly have to rely on each other more than we ever have...

###

I took the liberty to eliminate some of the irrelevant posts. So, the GB is really tightening the grip! I can read between the lines a new witch-hunt! It's so good to have noo-lite at the apostate table! I'm dying of curiosity to see what will happen in the next year.

• Morbidzbaby
    Morbidzbaby

I really am amazed that so many people think that the events happening in the world are anything new! People turning against their governments has been going on FOR CENTURIES. Since the beginning of government itself! Natural disasters have been happening, and yes on the same scale, since before humans ever evolved. It's just another day in paradise for humans living on this rock. But people need to see "signs" in everything that something better is coming. Maybe it is! I feel we as humans are heading into a period of enlightenment...more knowledge is more readily available and those who want to avail themselves of such knowledge will be the ones who progress in this world...again, it's survival of the fittest. Only, instead of adapting and evolving physically, we're going to have to do it mentally. But no great cataclysm brought by any god is going to destroy everything and bring in peace. These aren't "signs of the times we're living in", they're ancient writers stating the obvious about how things were and will be. There will be earthquakes, food shortages, pestilence...UM, yeah, those things were happening when those words were spoken and written. So what's new? Nothing!

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers
    Things are happening all over the world that I don't recall in my history.

That's the biggest problem with most jws; their lack of education on history and just about everything else.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit