Prince still a jw? donating to college fund?!

by carla 8 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• carla
    carla

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110405/ap_on_en_mu/us_people_prince_donation_1

from Associated Press-

COLUMBIA, S.C. – Recording artist Prince is making a $250,000 donation to a nonprofit group that aims to make sure all children in a Columbia, S.C., neighborhood graduate from college.

Prince's drummer and Columbia native John Blackwell Jr. made the presentation Tuesday to Eau Claire Promise Zone officials.

The Eau Claire Promise Zone is a 12-neighborhood area that is part of the nationwide "Promise Neighborhoods" movement, modeled after the work of Geoffrey Canada and his Harlem Children's Zone.

Prince and the New Power Generation performed shows in Columbia, Charleston and Greenville last month.

• wasblind
    wasblind

Evidently, Prince don't think the end is near

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

He probably does it for tax purposes.

• poopsiecakes
    poopsiecakes

I would love to know the combined yearly donations to the WTS of Prince, the Williams sisters and Mrs. Jackson....just for fun.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I think you will find one standard for celebrities that donate large amounts to the Worldwide Pedophile Defense Fund, and another for regular witlesses. If you have a famous person that is a witless, others will be more likely to worship that star and investigate the religion, and even join because that star is also a witless. If you have a regular person that is a witless, they will not.

• Gayle
    Gayle

Why doesn't he set up a JW college fund? They need doctors for their blood transfusion issue needs and they need more and more lawyers for their pedophile protection plan, etc.

• Johnny
    Johnny

That's why I would not give a DIME to Prince (by way of anything), since he became a JW. Becasue I do NOT want a dime of mine going to that organization!!

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

Will Prince require the scholarship recipients to continue their spiritual growth within the Watch Tower as the elders now direct needs done by anyone who sponsors a college student?

• flipper
    flipper

WT society won't harass Prince for donating to colleges for education - as long as they keep getting his millions of $$$$ for their " worldwide kingdom work " , er " pedophile defense fund "

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit