Did you make any WT comments at the KH that others did not like it?

by Iamallcool 5 Replies latest jw friends

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

or do you know anyone else that makes any comments that others did not like it? Did the elders get involved?

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

I made the comment about the 'anointing' of the 144,000 that according to Bible historians there were a million Christians in the 1st century. I deliberately said this when I was 'mentally out, but still going to meetings.

I wanted to stimulate their critical thinking. All it stimulated was blanc looks and the CoBE lowering his head, sighing and shaking his head slowly. He got it! I know he got it...but he's such a power tripper he needs the congregation to fulfill his proud ego trip!

Around the same time, after the June10 a$$embĀ£y (the 'overlapping' one), I commented on the drama and how good it was that they constructed the scene so we could identify with it today by pretending there was a governing body in the 1st century. Just so's we could understand it in modern terms.

One Sister still won't talk to me to this day!

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Oh, and another Bro (now a happy apostate) commented on an illustration in the washtowel.

Over-sneer: 'what do we notice in this picture?'

Aposta-Bro: 'All the men have got beards!'

Pin drop. Lead balloon.....................how happifying!

• aSphereisnotaCircle
    aSphereisnotaCircle

My last book study conductor did not like it when my answers were not read out of the book.

I would get halfway through my (brief) comment and he would cut me off and then read the answer out of the book.

I just stopped raising my hand, what little self-esteem I had would not allow me to parrot answers.

The conductor never seemed to notice.

• AGuest
    AGuest

Oh, yeah... and at the Book Study, too, dear llamacool (peace to you!). But I received more "Tell me more" requests than I did negative comments. 'Prolly 'cause my comments were based on what was indisputably in the NWT... versus the WT. They didn't always like it, but what could they say?

Peace to you!

A slave of Christ,

SA

• robson
    robson

Yeah, many times there is a brother who doesn't likes me cause When i got to that cong I was 20 and got baptized a year later and he has a daughter who is 20 some and hasn't got baptized so he grew mad at me for that reason he rarely gives me any comment I have to raise my hand 10 times no kidding and sometimes I do get 1 when my hand is the only 1 up. So he still hates me and tries to correct me.

He is so mad at me and her daughter said that ther dad an elder is so strict she couldn't cut her hair short until 18 couldn't well you all know the rules they go by. Once I missed 3 meetings cause of work and he said that i I committed a wrongdoing he was there to help me and he even went to said in Local needs that being reproved or disfellowshipped was a loving arrangement by God and we should show disposition to be lovingly corrected by the elders. Since I don't believe in that concept he is lost with me he won't get anything from me. he thought I was newly converted and suggested That I didn't know enough to have gotten baptized, tell your daughter about it she said she won't get baptized until she finish college settles down and finds a husband but she will find a wordly most likely so he again is lost. They are alway talking about the big A and her daughter won't live to see the salvation of all baptized members sick as you know.

I do make good comments but I don't want to sound that I know more or that I'm very spiritual I comment to God but to any of them but at the meetings they all fight for that as well so just hanging in there brothers. peace Robson enjoyed this.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit