My friend is a zombie!!!!

by fade_away 2 Replies latest jw experiences

• fade_away
    fade_away

Ok so my friend is an un-baptized JW who is in love with a baptized JW. He's going through all the drama of being in love with a JW. I keep telling him that if he gets baptized, it should be coming from his heart and love for Jehovah, not his love for some girl. He says there's no way he would get baptized for some girl, but recently he is attending a bunch of meetings and the elders are up his ass about getting baptized. The elders have been raising all kinds of hell cause he is not baptized and she is. It's like "get baptized or else you can't be with her".

I fear, that despise what my friend says and despise what I tell him, he is going to become a mind controlled zombie. She's infecting my best friend I've had for 10 years with this religion. Religious people cram their beliefs down your throat and up your ass. I don't want to be like that. I believe he is going down a bad path that will ultimately hurt him severely. Once youre baptized you're at a point of no return and it's impossible to get out unAs his best friend, I feel I should warn him, but like I said, I don't want to shove my beliefs up his ass.

• jean-luc picard
    jean-luc picard

I feel I should warn him
    yes.

But accept that it is his choice in the end. That is difficult, I know.

Be there for him if he needs you. You might well be the only friend he has then.

jlp

• fade_away
    fade_away

Wow. You know, I don't remember very well writing this thread. I think I was drinking. What I'm saying is true but I barely remember writing it! lol! Anyway, thanks for the advice jean!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit